Chapter Twenty-Three

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Today is dedicated to all the mothers/mother figures who of which are the reason we are on this planet. Let us all remember that moms are our first home(they carried us for 9months), first friend, and first love. Moms are always there to tell that no matter how badly you screw up or how bad you feel your life is things do get better. Moms believe in their children even though they may want to strangle them sometime. Moms are superhuman beings who know when their children are hurting. Remember to tell your mom/mother figure that you love them and are thankful for everything they have done for you because we know that with them we would not survive.

Comment if you agree that moms are Super Woman because I know mine is.

(^My mama and me)

(^My mama and my little sister)

---

*Bailey\Pup*

  "Dimitri, I need you to stay quiet and keep Zita quiet," I said as I moved them to the bathroom.

  "Whats going on?" he asked. "Is it my uncle?"

  "Dimitri please," I begged. "I will explain later but right now I need you and Zita to be very quiet."

  "Okay," he said and I smiled sadly as I got him down in the tub and placed Zita in his lap before I exited the bathroom and closed the door and I scanned the room looking for a weapon when I spotted the bag that Deke had left so I quickly grabbed it and rummaged through the contents finding track pants and t-shirt that looked to be for Dimitri, a onesie, a few toys for Zita, and a taser. Sighing in relief I grabbed the taser and hid behind the door as it opened and Justin's old handler, Myron Stamps walked in, I held my breath when I saw he was holding a gun with a silencer attached to it.

  "Stupid bitch," he growled and I moved quietly out from behind the door and stood just outside the door.

  "Hey," I said and he spun around. "It not nice to call people name."

  "Its also not nice to keep things that don't belong to you," he snarled.

  "That also goes in with not protecting the people that work for you," I said with a glare and Myron lunged towards me so I ran towards the closest exit which was the door that led to the stairs and I started running down hoping to get somewhere where I could have better ground as I heard him behind me. Cursing silently I held my side as it started throbbing but I picked up my pace and started skipping stairs as I hurried down that stairwell. I almost fell through the door that led to the parking garage and I stumbled over behind a pillar as I tried to quiet my breathing when the door I had just come through burst open and I could hear cursing and footsteps, holding my breath I moved between different cars as quietly as I could trying to get away from Myron and silently praying Tanker realized what was happening or Deke got here soon.

  "Bailey come out," Myron said and I froze at his taunting tone that the last time I heard it was a week before Justin was killed. Huffing silently I peered out from my hiding place between to big trucks to see Myron standing a foot away with back toward me, biting my lip I tip-toed quietly until I was right behind him and I hit him with the taser causing him to jerk and scream out in pain as he felt fifty-thousand volts of electricity run through his body. After removing the taser I ran past him making sure to grab his gun as he fell to the ground twitching at the aftershock running through him. "FUCKING BITCH! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

  "Good luck with that," I yelled as I entered the elevator and pressed the button for the floor Dimitri was on and after exiting the elevator I hurried to Dimitri's room only to run into Tanker who stumbled out of a room labeled cleaning supply closet. "Tanker?"

  "Puppy," he slurred and I yelped barely keeping on my feet as he collapsed against me.

  "Uncle Tanker," I groaned as his sudden dead weight. "Your too heavy help me get you into Dimi's hospital room."

  "You smell like apples. I like apples," he mumbled and I rolled my eyes and with his help was able to drag him into the room before I leaned him against the wall and turned to bar the door with an extra chair before turning to make sure he was still on his feet only to witness him unceremoniously faceplant the floor and I flinched at the loud noise he made.

  "That's gonna leave a mark," I sighed before I opened the bathroom door to see Dimitri holding my sleeping daughter. "You okay?"

  "Is it over?" Dimitri asked.

  "Not yet but Deke is on his way and I found Tanker," I sighed sitting on the edge of the tub and running my fingers through his hair trying to comfort him.

  "Who's Tanker?" he asked.

  "He's our guard but I think he got jumped and was drugged," I said. "His speech is slurred and he mumbled he liked apples before hitting the floor so I left him because I can't move him by myself."

  "Oh," he said and I smiled softly before jumping when my phone rang.