Chapter 1- New Friend

*~Last Thursday~*

It was 7:15 on Thursday morning. The breeze was gentle outside, lifting away a lot of the heat from the sun. Most people at school was put in a blissful mood due to the springtime weather. The Martial arts club decided to take a break today and rest in the club room. Even Ayano herself decided to make today her break day.

Shima was on her way to the club room late. She was the youngest Martial Arts Club member. She crossed through the fountain area and observed everyone talking to one another as usual. Her eyes focused on Taro who was reading alone as always. She narrowed her eyes looking at him. This always annoyed her a little bit everyday she saw him. The way he sat with the same book, sitting in the same spot at the same times each day. She found it sinister.

"Why are you always alone?" Shima thought to herself, "Do you have secrets? Are you just a loner? Why are you a loner? Are your secrets the reason why you're a loner?...." The redhead pouted and proceeded to go to the club room.

When she got there, three members were on the floor in a semi circle staring into space, while Budo was looking out the window, enjoying the weather and thinking about Taro. He wanted to get closer to him for quite a while now. He wanted to try to be around someone new for a change. Shima audibly shut the door behind her. The other four looked toward the door at the shortest member.

"That dude by the fountain is fricken weird..." She announced to the rest of the group. The three looked at her confused. Budo knew who she was talking about and flinched at the coincidence.

"What did he do?" Mina asked concerned.

"He kinda scares me... Have you guys ever seen him do anything besides read that book? That same book?" She looked side to side, " I don't even think he flips the page! I think he's hiding something..."

Mina rolled her eyes smiling at her younger friend's imagination. Budo decided to listen.

"Okay, like what?" Budo asked.

"Something illegal... He probably has connections..." Mina and Budo deadpanned.

"And you got this all from him reading a book?" Mina giggled, "Shima, some people are just introverted." She smiled at her. Shima just stared at her confused.

"Oh Okay..." She nodded.

...

"Why?... "

"Well... I personally don't know how to answer that question for him specifically... Maybe you should ask him." Shima froze then shook her head quickly.

"Nnnnnnope."

Budo looked at the girls and chuckled.

"Well, If it helps, I can invite him over to talk. Should be easy enough. He seems like a nice dude." Shima shivered at Budo's words. Mina nodded at the idea.

"Don't let a weirdo in here!" Shima thought to herself.

"I agree, "Mina said with confidence, "Better than theorizing. Let's invite him. He can tell us straight forward."

Shima covered her eyes regretting her life decisions.

"I'm scared...."