Chapter 9 - Promise Me

*Friday Evening.*

It was around 6:55 pm. The crickets were chirping loudly and silenced as footsteps got near. Oka was back at it again walking around Taro's yard, awkwardly looking for a window. She didn't see them on the first floor and texted the group chat.

"They don't seem to be home...."

"Nice try. Look at the second floor..." Ayano messaged back.

Oka sighed and looked around for a ladder. She found on in the back of the house and looked for a window. She saw TV flickering coming from one window and set the ladder gently there. She began to climb up it, hoping that it was Taro's room. Luckily, it was the correct window. The window was cracked open to let air in.

She looked toward the bed and saw Taro and Budo cuddling. Her face immediately turned red since Budo was shirtless, and she actually caught them cuddling. She tried to shield her eyes to avoid direct invasion. She almost fell off the ladder, nearly fainting, but managed to come back to life. Taro was fiddling with Budo's hair and gave him the occasional kiss on the cheek.

"You know I don't care what everyone at school says, right?"

"Mhm..."

"Budo...please don't feel bad..."

"I don't...."

"Don't lie to me... yes you do..." Taro said. Budo paused for a moment.

"I'm just not used to this is all, but I'm sure it will blow over eventually..." He finally responded fully. Taro sighed.

"Budo, just promise me you'll be alright. Don't let this ruin what we have here. I don't want to lose this... You're the first person I've... really liked like this... Things would be weird if we just ended this-"

"I'm not thinking about ending anything..." Budo said, "Like I said... I'm just not used to this happening with other people. This will pass."

Taro heard a hint of aggression in his voice. He frowned.

"Promise me this won't get to you..." Taro said.

"I promise..."

Oka took a deep breath and took a picture of them, just to spare her life from Ayano. She sent the picture to the group chat and climbed down the ladder. She sat down in the grass speechless. She took out her phone and looked at the chat again. She decided to make a separate chat that excluded Ayano and Kizana.

"I'll message them later..." She thought.

Ayano was in her kitchen when she looked at the photo. Her eyes widened at the picture of her beloved senpai with another. It's as if he wasn't phased by the rumors. She screamed and threw a few cups and knives at the wall. She tried to push the fridge onto the ground, but she was too weak to push it over, so she started slapping against it viciously.

"I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FAIR ANYMORE. I WILL BE THE ONLY ONE TARO WILL LOVE..."

She finally stopped and panted. She looked at the huge mess of glass on the floor, and stab holes in the wall. She felt awkward now.

".....Oops..."