6. Meeting 'Him' or 'Her'

So, as the title suggests, this chapter is dedicated to meeting the protagonist's counter part. The *air quotes* 'love interest', the other half to the ship, the future mother/father of their kids.... yeah you get the point.

So, the most common way is for the girl to meet the guy is *drum rolls*:

I have seen n number of books this way. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO TRIP AND FALL? WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE A KLUTZ ANYWAY?! I mean, a couple of paragraphs before this happens, the author's all like, "She was wearing converse sneakers."
......
Who the fuck falls in something that comfortable? And that's a lot coming from someone who can't walk straight without falling. Aka me.
I've never fallen into someone attractive's arm. I literally hug the floor every time I fall (though sometimes the floor is attractive. No not a fetish, gutterhead) Or fall back into something equally hurting. Honestly. That's me.

One of my best friends is so bad that she can literally be standing one moment and collapsed on the floor the next. She's never fallen into someone attractive's arms either. The most she has fallen is on top of me.
(Quite a miracle how I got out alive.)

Try something new.

Say, for example, they could be friends and fall in love slowly for a normal, non-soulmate (non fantasy, I mean) situation. Or they could be sorta like a hook up and it all starts? I ship those things. Like Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Love their relationship story.

Also,
Since I prefer Werewolf genre over most, this is how meeting him goes in those too:

Also,Since I prefer Werewolf genre over most, this is how meeting him goes in those too:

Gurrrrllllll
Be fuckin happy you found your mate.

Why's it always him to find her?
Why can't she find him? Next thing, why is 'Mine' always used? It's gotten so old. Try something creative.

As for the fantasy settings,
Please. Stop. S. T. O. P. Stahhpppp!

Why is the girl always terrified of the guy? Soulmates are supposed to love each other right? Why be scared? That is, in case he hasn't tried to kill her or something. I know that every girl is hopeful. Maybe the girl is thinking that she could bring about a change in his nature rather than being all scaredy. Try something new and don't find the easy way out.

Or then there's this:

Okay, bruh. I needa know why he's always like that. Can't he like love her or protect her if she's weak and help her to grow as a person instead of giving up on day 1? You've gotta be kidding me.

That is not fucking fair, okay? And don't tell me stories aren't fair because... well, clichés are still in motion!

So, be creative and think of something different.

Good luck.