Chapter Two

Hey! Here's the next part, hope you like it!!

Chapter Two

Lila ‘s family had just flown in a couple days of go. All they have done is sat in her room by the side of the bed. Lila was miserable. She hasn’t gone to the beach in four days. She needs to get out. While her family went out to eat, they left Lila behind, not even bothering to ask if she was tired of the hospital food and wanted to get out. She called Nurse Morgan over.

“Hey, you’re alone? Where is everybody?”

“I think they went to Olive Garden.” Lila muttered while playing with the sheets.

Morgan clicked her tongue. “And they didn’t even take you?”

Lila shook her head.

“They don’t’ think I should be leaving my bed…can I go to the beach though? I haven’t been out for a couple of days. I miss the water.” Lila looked out her window at the sand and water that wasn’t far off.

After hesitating for a while, Morgan finally answered her. “Of course you can! Just be careful, it’s supposed to rain. I suggest you bring an umbrella.”

Lila hopped out of bed and slipped on her Keds.

“I like walking in the rain.”

“That’s not going to help your condi-“

“Nothing’s going to save me, so why even try?” Lila screamed. This was the first time Lila has ever really gotten mad at anyone here. Lila rubbed her face and sighed.

“I’m so sorry Morgan. I just-“

Morgan wrapped her arms tightly around Lila’s small body.

“It’s alright, baby. Just go to the beach.” Morgan pushed her out the door with a sad smile on her face.

Lila practically ran to the beach, and when she got there, she collapsed in the sand. She looked out at the sea, finally feeling at peace and almost normal. It was a great relief. But she then processed what Dr. Hines had said, and she thought about what it meant. She broke down, covering her face with her hands and letting the plump tears stream down her face. She sniffed and looked down in front of her to see a pair of black Vans.

She’s here, finally! Sam wanted to dance with happiness but he cleared his throat and picked up his bag and nearly sprinted towards her. When he got closer to her, he realized that she was crying. No, not just crying, but bawling her eyes out. He stood and watched her for a while. She looked like if even just a feather landed on her, she would break. Shatter into a million pieces.

“Are you okay?” He asked her softly. The girl gasped and looked up at Sam.

“I-I’m alright.” She quickly wiped the fallen tears away and gave Sam a weak smile.

Sam took a bold move and slowly sunk down next to her.

“Would you like to talk about it?” He asked, not looking at her.

“Uh, just family problems.” She mumbled.

Sam nodded. “I understand.” He looked at her and saw that she was staring at him.

“I’m Sam.” He gave her a small smile.

She sniffled before mumbling out, “Lila.”

Lila. Lila. What a beautiful name. Sam smiled at her.

Vote, Comment, Hugs, Smile ♡