n i n e

London Bleu

I watched the illuminated numbers that were taunting me on my phone's lock screen, flash. It was just past noon at the time. Xavier had fallen asleep in my lap and had soaked my jeans with his tears. 

I took a deep breath, trying to figure things out. I had just told Xavier the reason behind all my fear for him. In afterthought, I didn't even have a reason why. It just felt right for me to tell him. Stupid bond.

His face shifted and he wrapped his arms around my thighs as I laid down on the Italian leather couch. I pressed my back against the throw pillows and closed my eyes. 

Locked in his embrace, I slept peacefully;  no longer feeling the weight of a probable rejection.

.

.

.

The next time I awoke, it was from being lifted in the air. Strong and muscular arms picked me up bridal style and the figure began to walk as I fought off the sleep tugging at my eyelids. "Xavier?" I said sleepily.

He froze midstep and refused to make eye contact. "Y-yeah baby, it's me. You okay?"

I maneuvered my way around his body, trusting him not to drop me. I shifted until I had my arms locked behind his neck, my legs around his torso, and my head in his neck. "Mhm, sleepy..."

I barely registered him depositing me on his bed,  but I do remember pulling him down with me when he tried to leave. 

Snuggling up to my warm teddy bear, I happily slept. 

Xavier Abel

Okay, so the good news is:

London doesn't hate me (at least I don't think so),

She wants me next to her, 

and her ass is on my morning wood. 

Bad news: 

London was half awake when she insisted I sleep next to her, 

I am a complete assh*le that deserves to die for what I've done to her, 

and I am in dire need of a cold shower.

London turned and shifted closer to me. She snuggled her head into my side and readjusted my bicep aka her pillow. I looked at her adorable face as she slept.

Her cute button nose twitched every time she let out a puff of air. With the exception of a few pimple scars, her skin was perfect. So soft and mine. All of her, all mine.

"Not anymore you dumb*ss, since you thought it was a good idea to hurt our one and only,"  my wolf growled.

Growing up, I guess I thought a good way to establish authority would be to demoralize those below me. I don't have any specific memories of harassing London, as she looks nothing like how she did as a child. All I remember was my change of attitude towards the little girl outside Dene's when some friends of mine saw me hugging her. 

"I'm just lifting her spirits," I had reassured them. "I'll crush 'em later,"

In an effort to regain my image, I bullied her up until middle school, encouraging others to do the same. When I went to high school, I'd practically forgotten about her as there was a four-year gap between us. 

I barely remember what I did to her but it couldn't have been good. Clearly, that was why Jackson had hit me. And what would have gone through her mind when she realized I was her mate? Disgust? Fear? Was she scared of me?