Chapter 7

After getting ready, David and I walked downstairs to go find Bennett.

He was seated at a table talking to two guys, and they were discussing something about wrestling. Boys.

When he saw us walk up, he smiled and waved us over.

"Hey guys, this is Davis and Cadence. Cadence and Davis, these are Larry, George, and Harley." They were all large men with booming muscles, but they seemed friendly on the inside, smiling widely.

They all shook hands and went back to talking. Bennett left and told us he'd introduce us to everyone.

"That's Marley and Macy." He pointed to two girls that looked like twins sitting in the corner, giggling with their pink phones. To my surprise, they also had pink wings. One of them even put some sparkle on theirs.

Bennett saw my weird gaze and laughed.

"I know what you're thinking, but they're valuable. They are both some of the fastest flyers we have."

"I think they're hyped up on candy bars," Davis whispered in my ear, which made me giggle.

Next up was Zoe. She was the Lieutenant, and quiet pretty. She had long, very long,(like to her knee long), hair that was a dark brown, and was slightly wavy. Her eyes were lightning blue, and she was the spitting image of Angelina Joline, but without the lips. She was very beautiful.

"This is my girlfriend," Bennett said, hugging her. She smiled and shook our hands.

"Nice to meet you," she said.

I felt sad that he was taken, but the two worked perfect together. They looked really in love, and I'm happy for them. But I just wished and sort of hoped he was single...

"Oh, and here's Matt Hall," he said, leaving Zoe behind to snack on the breakfast left out.

"Hello," said a tall, lean man. He was about 6'3, and towered over even Larry, George, and Harley. He looked to be 17 or 18, and was very muscular, but not in the gross way thankfully. I couldn't stand those guys.

"He's our Chief, Matt" Bennett said, staring out at Zoe. She was happily eating a waffle, and looked like a model doing it.

"Nice to meet you all," he said before wandering off.

"He looks too young to be Chief," I said aloud.

"He is,"Bennett replied,"but he's our strongest and smartest guy. And the oldest person here is about 25."

That made more since, but he still looked too young. And distant...

"Oh, look! Pancakes!" Davis screamed running off.

"What a hot mess is he?" I said, shaking my head and walking after him. Everyone else we meet wasn't too interested in us, so I practically ignored everyone else.

All I knew off the top of my head were Zoe, Marley and Marcy, Bennett and Matt. The others were fuzzy, but I could remember their faces.

Bennett yelled for everyone's attention.

"Hello! I know this kind of rushed into, but we have decided to join two new members to our flock. They are Davis and Cadence Bliss!"

Everyone cheered and clapped for us. Bennett again told then to quiet down.

"You all know about the prophecy. And you know what it tells of. The white Winged. Cadence, is actually the white Winged."

I thought that was the perfect time, so I took of my jacket to reveal my white wings. If the situation wasn't so serious, I probably would've stricken a pose.