Sans and Papyrus

~Brayden~

The first thing the kids discovered when they left the RUINS was a huge, snowy forest ahead of them. A cleared path went through the trees. The dark cavern was full of twinkling ice. The snow was cold and thick beneath their feet. Behind them were purple doors that were locked tight. Way ahead was some kind of gate, then a sentry station.

"It's freezing...." Melody mumbled, rubbing her arms. 

She was only wearing her ballet gear, so she wasn't exactly prepared for a voyage through a snowy area. Brayden found she complained a lot - especially about him. She could be really annoying. But Brayden found her being one of his best friends. Melody didn't seem to give up on him - and she was pretty much the only person who was an actual friend back in the day and not some stupid bully.

"You think you're freezing!?" Brayden asked her. 

He wasn't in a great situation either. He was wearing a striped tank, shorts and trainers. At least Melody had a tutu. Well, he had his gloves and awesome manly bandanna. 

"This doesn't make any sense - snow can't be underground." Percy mumbled, taking notes. Brayden found Percy... kind of funny. They didn't have a lot in common, but they got on reasonably well. Even if Percy really liked weird cartoons and books. Brayden didn't like books. He found them boring.

"Oh... there's a camera in the bush!" Faye observed a bush near the purple doors to the RUINS.

"A camera?" Clover asked, making a face. "Is someone watchin' us?" 

Brayden thought Clover was cool and annoying at the same time. She got on his nerves, yet no-one else could kick butt like her. She'd be the one fighting alongside him. And she was pretty protective of her brother. Brayden was the baby of his family but he didn't like it when people bothered his older sisters or his friends.

"Hey, Brayden," Cody spoke up. He smiled. "If you're really cold, you can wear my apron if you want." 

Brayden thought Cody was just a big softie - that guy who always wore his heart on his sleeve. Though he was always nice to people, Brayden knew Cody knew how to defend himself - and he had Clover, of course. And he made amazing food.

"I'm not gonna wear an apron!" Brayden replied. 

The thought of wearing said thing disgusted him. Just nope. He saw the eighth human was looking at the sentry station in the distance. Brayden liked that kid. They ran into danger like he did - and they were pretty cool. They didn't seem scared of anything - wow they were cool. 

"I think they want to go." Faye spoke up quietly. 

She looked kind of cold too. Brayden and Faye had been BFFs for ages even though they were super different. Faye was cute and quiet. She didn't really know how to stick up for herself sometimes. She just took everything in. Brayden once told her he'd beat up anyone who got in her way and he really meant it. In return, she was just a great friend. She really understood him.

"Let's go then." Clover spoke up. 

The kids proceeded. Brayden wanted to run off, but Clover started giving him that crazy death-stare. The eighth human was kind of ahead, though. Brayden went over to them.

"Think there are any monsters in those trees?" he asked. The eighth human shrugged. "I could take on a monster army right now!" 

He and the eighth human walked over some tough stick on the ground. Brayden was looking out for any monsters who wanted to fight him. Suddenly, the stick snapped - it was destroyed as if it were nothing. Faye yelped. Clover brought out her gun, naturally protecting her brother. The eighth human looked unfazed.