Brayden's Bravery

A/N: TW for some dark themes.

~Brayden~

The kids returned from the date/movie. They were so tired they all jumped into bed and fell asleep. Except for Brayden. That eighth human was annoying him again. He tried to sleep but he wasn't tired. This didn't happen much, but if it did, he usually did something stupid and made himself tired. 

Once he went to Faye's parents' house and he was too excited to sleep. He and Faye ended up sneaking outside and messing around in her backyard until midnight. Brayden fell asleep on a bush. He remembered Faye's parents thinking it was adorable when they found the kids in the morning. They didn't even punish them they thought it was so cute.

Suddenly, the eighth human started acting weird. They started sweating and rolling around and breathing heavily. They sounded terrified. Brayden had never seen them act like this. He wasn't a sleep expert but he didn't have any good feelings.

"Hey," he shook their shoulder. He whisper-shouted, "Stick kid!" 

The eighth human suddenly woke up. Their eyes were wide open. They shoved Brayden off the bed, a horrid expression on their face. They shook their head and closed their eyes. Brayden looked at them.

"That actually really hurt," he remarked. The eighth human gazed at him with a frown. They offered him a bandage. "I'm fine. You're really strong for a wimp." He stood up. "You okay? You were freaking out in your sleep." 

He felt... actually concerned for them. He wanted to beat them up before, but now...

The eighth human gave him a thumbs up. They rubbed their eyes. No one else seemed to be awake. They stood up and walked over to the bedroom door.

"Where are you goin'?" Brayden asked. "Can I come? I'm bored and I can't sleep." 

The eighth human nodded. Brayden grinned and followed them.

The kids left the house without anyone knowing and went outside. The eighth human knew the place really well. Brayden felt like he knew the place as well, somehow. Somehow... he almost felt like he'd been here as well...? He could say that about the Underground in general. Something felt so familiar...

It was still kind of chilly. The eighth human was going towards the forest. They walked across the swaying bridge, admiring the snow-covered trees ahead.

"Where are we going?" Brayden asked. The eighth human shrugged. "Hey, you're really weird, you know?" They shrugged again. "Can you talk? With, y'know, words and stuff?" 

They shrugged. 

"Can you NOT shrug all the time!?" Brayden snapped.

They shrugged.

Brayden felt impatient. "D'you wanna fight me?!" 

They shrugged. They got to the snow poff area. Brayden growled. They were annoying as well as weird. He wanted to beat them up all over again.

"Y'know what!?" Brayden yelled. "SCREW YOU! WE'RE FIGHTING RIGHT NOW! IT'S THE ONLY WAY I CAN RECOVER MY LOST HONOUR!" 

He raised his fists. He tried to punch the eighth human. They dodged effortlessly. He tried again. They dodged, their short, brown hair blowing in the breeze.

"COME ON, LET ME HIT YOU!" He tried again. They dodged, not even moving their arms. "WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HIT YOU?! WHY WON'T YOU FIGHT BACK!?" 

The eighth human winked at him like they did with Papyrus. For some reason it made Brayden blush.