Chapter 3

Mike's POV

My eyes shot open at the sound of my mate screaming in pain. Sitting up I saw her laying in the fetal position on the ground crying. I immediately ran over to her and scooped her up in my arms holding her tight as I stroked her hair trying my hardest to calm her down.

"Shhhhh baby. What's wrong?" I asked over and over wiping the tears off her face as my wolf whimpered and paced around.

"I don't know." She choked out between sobs.

'I need you in here now.' I mind linked the pack doctor still trying to calm my mate.

A minute later the pack doctor burst through the door and saw my mate in my arms. She asked me to step out side which I reluctantly complied with.

"What's wrong with her?" I pleaded looking at the doctor when she walked out of the room.

"What's her last name?" She asked looking at me curiously.

"Blaez. Why does that matter?" I asked confused.

"And you are sure she is human?" She asked as my father walked up.

"Yes she ha-" I was cut off by my father.

"Blaez? There was a pack called the Blaez Pack. They weren't a very big pack but they weren't small either. Anyways there pack was wiped out by rouges. Only 5 of them survived. There Luna which I'm assuming is her mom was human so there was a chance that her kids were human too. I'm assuming that's why she never told her children." My dad explained and I looked around. I was brought back to reality by the pack doctor talking.

"That would make since." She told my dad then turned to me "She just shifted and I'm thinking that because she shifted so late is the reason she was in so much pain." She explained when I heard a loud whimper coming from my room.

"You need to go calm her down and talk her through how to change back." My father said and with that he and the pack doctor walked off.

Opening the door I came face to face with the most gorgeous creature I have ever seen. She was a light grey that looked almost purple when the light hit her fur the right way. She was big bigger than most females even with alpha blood but she wasn't bigger than me. I looked down and saw her black paws and chuckled to myself. It looked like she was wearing socks.

"Hi beautiful." I said softly stroking her fur. She looked at me and panic filled her eyes.

"It's okay just listen to me and follow my directions." I said grabbing on of my hoodies.

"Okay just close your eyes and imagine yourself in human form. If it doesn't work the first time stop take a deep breath and try again. It my take a few tries but you will get it." I said encouragingly. When I noticed her shifting back I turned away from her and held out the hoodie.

"Mike what just happened?" She asked walking in front of me once she put the hoodie on. I know it was stupid to turn away when I've already seen her naked but she's scared and vulnerable right now the last thing I wanted to do was make her uncomfortable seeing as I know she hates the way she looks.

"You just shifted for the first time." I said stroking her cheek.

"How?" She asked looking up at me with her bright green eyes.

"My father left when I was one and my mom died when I was 13. But what about my brother?" She said after I told her what my dad said.

"Well since your mom was human that means that he's more than likely human although it's rare for an alpha's first born son to be human if his mate is but it does happen." I explained and she nodded.