denial

tom took a look at his watch.

"oh shi--," tom exclaimed as he stood up.

4 a.m.

edd and matt must be worried sick

he opened the door slightly, peeking inside. of course, matt and edd weren't awake.

they must be asleep, tom thought.

on his way to his room, tom saw a note on the fridge:

______________________________

Tom,

I know drinking can make you lose track of the time, but this is the last straw. Me and Matt are banning you from going to the bar FOREVER!
(well for a year)

-Edd

P.S- Until then, you aren't allowed to be out of the house without me or Matt with you.

P.S.S- That also means NO ALCOHOL

______________________________

'punishment, really edd?' tom sighed. he was frustrated.

a year without his starboy? he couldn't survive.

being banned from alcohol didn't make things any better.

tom continued the journey to his room, not wanting to think about his ridiculous punishment.

when he opened the bedroom door, his eyes immediately darted to the envolope on his desk.
the envolope was black and decorated in glitter and stars of various colours, but most were pink or blue.

slightly puzzled, tom picked it up and read the beautiful silver cursive writing on the front.

'dear kittyboy'

he looked around his room, searching for something that would give him the answer as to where the letter came from. as expected, nothing answered the burning question on his mind.

this has to be a prank...

but tom knew he never mentioned tord to edd or matt. perhaps they found his memory box? tom kept it in his safe, surely they couldn't pass the retina scanner.

tom laid on his bed, staring at the envolope.

"who sent this letter?"

after moments of pondering, tom pulled the courage to open the envolope.

he carefully peeled the star shaped wax seal.

inside was a pastel blue letter. It was as beautifully decorated as the envolope it was held in.

tom unfolded and read the letter...

______________________________

dear kittyboy,

what happened wasn't your fault, it never was. It was your fathers, though it was mostly mine.

i know that you have millions of questions, and i wish i could answer all of them. for now, I will answer the ones you wrote in your letters.

1. yes, i have been receiving all of your letters. why else would i write this letter?

2. the stars are just as beautiful as i imagined they would be. of course, they aren't as beautiful as you.

3. what i do in the stars is the same as what i normally do. with the exception of not being with you.

finally, as much as we miss eachother, please, don't end your life for me.
this shouldn't be a question.

don't throw all the wonderful things you will do just to be in the stars with me.

promise me, tom.
i love you, don't harm yourself for my sake.

i'm running out writing space, as well as time. never forget that i love you, and that i forgive you.

forever yours,
starboy

______________________________

tom felt his eyes flooding with tears.

"but that's impossible..."
"...isn't it?"

he stared at the ceiling.

how....

it's beyond nature, science, anything tom has ever heard of.

he shook his head, that didn't matter right now.

he had to bring back his starboy.
but resurrection was impossible.

yet again, so was receiving letters from the deceased.

he must try...