Crush Pt 1

Chanbaek
Romance, High school AU,
Baekhyun, Chanyeol,
_

__________________________________

He was perfect.

The best athlete and the smartest kid in school. He was six months younger than me but we were still in the same grade, same class. However, he didn't know me. Every time we got partnered up, I would call in sick and do projects on my own. I would sit in the front corner by the teacher's desk and he would sit in the back with a bunch of his friends. You would expect for him to be failing and I would be passing but, it was the opposite. I would struggle and have a hard time during lessons but he wouldn't; he was smart and understood everything after being told once. There were moments where our eyes would randomly meet, but I would do something stupid and embarrass myself instead.

Like that time during a hot summery day, it wasn't summer but it started to feel like it. He had rolled up the sleeves of his school uniform; the band of the sleeve had pressed down on his sweaty arms, showing his well defined biceps. He was rubbing his arm, stroking the skin underneath his sweaty palms. It was hard to not look, they were mesmerizingly impressive. I was daydreaming about how it would be if he held me tight in his arms that it took me a while to notice that he was looking at me. I had looked up and our eyes met. It was hot, my mouth had been slightly open and my lips were chapped and dry... I licked them while we stared at each other. I remember putting my head down while trying to hide from him and from the world. A loud laugh along with echoing seal claps had erupted the thin sheet of silence in the room. "Chanyeol what's wrong with you?!" Is the last thing I heard my teacher say since I had secretly plugged in headphones to zone off to music instead. He probably said, that perverted kid licked hid lips while staring for hours at my muscles or just simply said 'nothing.' I was probably as red as a cherry tomato, I really wanted to disappear at that time.

But it wasn't as bad as the day where we were taking our midterm exam. It was a timmed test we took in the middle of the year, where every student studied and worked their butts off for a high grade. I was stuck on a couple questions and we still had fifteen minutes on the clock. I was bored, I didn't know the answers and my sheet was scribbled with the multiple answers I got but still didn't seem right. My gaze had fallen on Chanyeol during that time, he was focused on his exam. Eyebrows furrowed, half lip being bit and his pencil swiveled through his thick fingers. He looked hot when he focused that an idea came to me.

It was evident that I had a grin plastered on my face. I had taken my pencil and began to erase my name then rewrote it again but differently. Instead of writing Byun Baekhyun, I wrote Park's Property. I had made sure to decorate it with hearts and butterflies while sinister thoughts were coming to my head.

"Alright times up!" The instructor had announced and before I could erase the name, the teacher had already taken my paper. Of course I didn't let it be, I had stayed after to try and convince her to give it back but she would refuse unless I wanted a zero for the semester. That's when I gave up.

I remember pleading my mom to transfer me to a different school but was denied since the other school was about an hour and a half away and I couldn't drive yet. After that, I remember laying on my bed, twirling in desperate circles while dreading for the day to come.

Days, weeks, and months passed by, then the day came. We got back our exams and everyone was hyped and anxious about them. Everyone had received a paper except Chanyeol and I. "Chanyeol, can you come up to my desk please?" I kept banging my head on my desk.

When Chanyeol had walked back to his seat, I stared at him and he had stared back. I remember every second that happened after that. The teacher called me up and gave me my paper and as l walked back, I could swear his eyes were on me even to this day.

But that wasn't the moment I truly remembered.

I had walked back to my desk but ended up tripping midway back. Time had stopped, at least for me it did. A loud thud was heard through out the classroom. My forehead had slammed right on the edge of my desk on my way down to the floor. An elongated streak of red decorated the skin on my forehead. The last thing I had seen was Chanyeol above me waving his hand over my head. But then I had passed out, not because I had hit myself but because it was all too embarrassing. It was a long day.

I realized that having a crush is such a difficult thing to secretly have.