Honeymoon

"Is it Paris? New York City? Chanyeol tell me"

"I won't tell you Baek, no matter what you do I'm not saying.. "

"Oh is it Hawaii? I remember you asking me about it. "

"Baekhyun sto-"

"It's the Caribbeans isn't it? No... Maybe not.. I know! It's Brazil! Italy! I need to practice a few words then or else how will we communicate"

"Baek-"

Good morning passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to...

"Chanyeol take your big hands off my ears, that's our plane, I want to know where we are going!"

"I'm not going to tell you Baek it's a secret now put these on"

"Headphones? Chanyeol you know it's hard for me to walk while listening to music, I get easily distracted because of it."

"Then I'll guide you"

"Guide me? But Chany-"

"I'll hold your hand, just enjoy it Baek, you'll be fine" I leaned in and pressed my lips on his forehead, between the brown strands of his hair. My fingers slipped in between his own and I gave his hand a little squeeze before sharing my signature grin that I knew he always loved.

Baekhyun hummed softly and stepped close to me, too close that he nearly hugged my arm. We walked through the airport, passing stores, shops, and tourist stops. Baekhyun quietly sang beside me, his soft 'love you's... Hold you's' distracted me from the chatters of people and loud screeches of wheels rubbing on the airport floors; the two main things I hate at airports. But his sweet melodious voice made me want to keep walking. To keep holding his hand and keeping him close. 

We arrived and stood in line to get our boarding passes checked. When it came to our turn, I smiled at the lady, who seemed to be middle aged due to some faded wrinkles on the corner of her lips and forehead then gave her our boarding passes. Her lips had a red gradient to them and her curled chest nut hair fell to her shoulders, like a bob hairstyle except with split ends. She gave us a scornful gaze, particularly at Baekhyun who was hugging my arm. 

"You should know being gay is a sin; leave and stop contaminating our country"  she spoke wickedly in a high tone.

I opened my mouth to reply but closed it again then gazed at my brunet who was looking away while moving his lips.

"And what's it to you miss?!" I turned around and saw a guy with pitch black hair, white t-shirt and ripped jeans with timberland boots. He had two pearly whites that stuck out the most, he looked like a bunny but a strong one.

"Listen here kid, I'm just spitting the truth. You all will go to hell for doing acts that are wrong!" The lady scrunched up her nose making her seem older as her wrinkles became even more visible.

I could tell she just wanted to stir things up. I looked down at Baekhyun and it seemed like he caught up with the situation but not entirely. The boy behind us was about to speak but I placed my hand on his shoulder and shook my head. "It's useless to speak to dull people like her. Just board the plane if you are" I sighed in slight anger but didn't let it get to me. Baekhyun looked up, I noticed it. If I were to look down at him, our eyes would connect and I would feel bad, ashamed for not getting back at her, but I couldn't.

I tugged him along the hallway to the plane but stopped to get checked once again. I let go of Baekhyun and passed, then waited for him on the other side.

We boarded as if nothing happened, I kept him by the window and made sure to shut the blind. The headphones were still on but he was done singing. Perhaps he heard but I didn't dare to ask him.