Prologue: Flying In Emotions

Arizona's POV

We have been in the airport for only two hours, but I can't wait to get on that plane already! Carina and I were travelinng to one of her friends' practice in Italy, and I had agreed to come as well; but I don't know how much of it will I be able to take. 

I will be working there as a fetal surgeon, but I came back to peeds when a really dear patient died. I quited the hospital, and everyone started caring about me. I remember that it also happended to Derek Shepherd, and old, dead, friend.

At least, I got to be with the girl I love. But  she has been acting a little weird lately. I wonder what's in her mind...

"Are you ready to go?", she yells. She distracted my thoughts with her beautiful eyes.

"Huh?"

"You have been thinking since we got here.", she smiled. "What are you thinking about?"

I smile "About you." I'm not lying.

"Well, we can board the plane allready. Let's go to Roma!"

When we got on the plane, we both realized that there was a lot of people traveling to Rome that day. Carina later explained me that it was probably because that week was the day of Italy's Independence day. 

And then, I realized how little I knew about everything in Italy, and her life there, all of her friends, and the practice. Maybe it's a little bold to ask; but I'll have to try anyway.

"So... How's the... practice..like?" I know I can do better, but: what else can I ask?

Carina doesn't seem confused at all. She sits in a more confortable way.

"Oh, it is absolutely great, Arizona! You will absolutely love it!", she says, kissing me on the cheak.

She seems to be really confortable about everything. I really don't know how she does that. I am really exited about this trip, but... I can't just know that I'll love it there, so I ask something else:

"And... what about the people?"

Then, Carina turns to me again, smiling from ear to ear, like talking about her italian friends is her favorite thing to do (and it probably is)

"Well... There's Rosabella. Rosabella runs the practice since... seven years? She offered me a position there since she started it, but I was always buissy. But also...". She get a little nervous. She even gets her nervous eyes. "... I never think I told you that Rosabella and I..."

She can't finish the sentence, but I know exactly what she's gonna say. 

"As long as you do't cheat on me, it's ok."

She smiles again.

"I am happy you can understand. So, there's also Elena. She's Rosabella's sister. She is a pediatrician. Rosabella was the Head of Neonatal Surgury at the Ospedale Minore di Bologna* during a long time, so she is good in her field. Elena worked there too, but not for long. There's also Riccardo..."

"Did you sleep with Elena too?", I need to ask. You never know with her. She laughs a little.

"No, no of course not! Only with Rosabella. She's the only one. I promise. So, Riccardo is a neurosurgeon, you'll find his name all around. Always laugh from his jokes. ALWAYS. If you don't, he will hate you. And... Oh! There's also Erica!" I put a face, and she facially answers me 'no, I didn't sleep with her either.' "I am sure you will adore her. She is american as well. She is a cardiothorasic surgeon. You will absolutely love her."

"Ladies and gentlemen, the plane is about to take off. Please, procede to your assigned seats. Signore e signori, l'aereo sta per partire. Per favore, procedete ai propri posti..."

The plane was about the take off. We were going to Rome. We just had to wait and see what would happen to us there. Just wait and see.

*it's a real italian hospital. I do not own this hospital's rights or its name