Chapter 4: The Long Lost Love

Carina's POV

I could see the exact moment in which her face changed. It just... radically changed.  I had never seen Arizona like that before. One moment, she was happy and greeting, and the other, she was desperate.

"Hahn...T--Torres, yo--you said?"

"Yes, I'm married to a Dr. Torres. She also works here, although she's on vacation now. She's in Ortho. I think you know her. She told me about you."

Arizona's POV

She works here. She. Works. Here. Callie works in the same practice that I do. There's no other surgeon in her family, it has to be her. How I am gonna look at her, work with her, talk to her! Oh my God, I'm gonna have to talk to her!

But, why am I freaked out so much? I've worked with her for a long time after our divorce. We talked after our divorce. So what is so different now? The fact that she re-married... or that I want to propose to my girlfriend?

Carina's POV

"Arizona, wake up!!!",she had been thinking for a long time. It was like she was hypnotized. "You'll have time to meet Erica later."

"Well, so far, it's been really nice meeting you, Arizona. Looking forward to working with you.", Erica said, while shaking hands.

But she was still nervous. I knew why, but I didn't want to just blurt it out.  Arizona had been married to this Callie for so long now, that... well, I just didn't think it would be easy or her.

Once Erica was totally gone, she asked me: "Did you know"

"Yes, I did know. I'm sorry--"

"Don't be", a small smile was starting to gain shape. "I'm with you now. And there's no need to change that, is there?"

I smile back. I'm just glad she's good with it. Having to see your ex-wife after so many years can be... very overwhelming.

"Thanks for getting it. But, now, let's go back to work! We have many things to do before we get started."

"Like..."

"Like finally meeting Rosabella. Let's go to her office. Right this way."

Arizona's POV

It had passed. For now. The weird feeling had already passed; and I was happy. I wanted to learn everything I could about the new life I had. All that was left was meeting the Chief, so that we could sign our contracts... and begin.

But Callie was there.

But that changed nothing...

Right?