7

Carolyn's POV

Mitch set aside some tickets for me and my roommate, Ellie. She really likes William Nylander so of course she has his jersey on while I have on Mitchs jersey. We head into the arena and all I can see is people in blue jerseys and the occasional orange since they are playing the Islanders.

"This is crazy." Ellie says as we weave through the crowd of people.

"Yeah it is." I look at the tickets and see where we are. "Holy shit, look." I say as I point to the tickets. We are about 3 rows behind the Toronto bench, I've never been this close to the ice before. My family always got the bleeder seats way up top.

We get to our seats and watch the boys warm up, I see Willy point in our direction and see Mitch smile. I wave and he waves back before he goes off to shoot on the empty net once again.

The game went great, Mitch scored twice and picked up an assist on Auston and Williams goals in a 5-0 victory over the Islanders. We walk up to the stairs before a security guard stops us.

"Mitchell wants to see you."

He leads us down to the locker room and stops us at the door.

"I'll tell him you are here."

"Thank you."

A minute later I here someone inside yell my name and tell me to come in. We walk in to see a bunch of sweaty shirtless men all doing their own things as Mitch, Willy, and Auston walk over to us.

"Hi Carolyn." Mitch says

"Hey, you played great today." I said as I hug him.

"Thanks."

"So what did you want to see me for?"

"Well I wanted to thank you for coming."

"Woah willy you were right, she is hot." I recognize Nazem Kadri's voice as I see him come in from where the showers are.

"I know!" Willy says as he gives him a high five as Mitchs face turns bright pink as he mouths 'I'm so sorry.' I laugh.

"Do you want to?'' He points to the door.

"Sure. Can she stay in here and meet some of her favorite players?" I say pointing to Ellie.

"Yeah. Auston, don't do anything dumb." Auston gives him a thumbs up as we walk out.

"Listen I'm so sorry about them, I'd love to take you out on a date where you don't have to deal with them. But seriously thank you for coming, I really like you." I see his face flush and his cheeks turn pink. "Oh my god did I just say that out loud?" He laughs.

I lean in and go on my toes to reach his lips. They are soft and he smells like axe body spray, I could get used to this. I pull away and look into his eyes, I've never looked at them this close before and really take in how pretty they are.

"The feeling is mutual." I smile.