Ch. 2 "The Others"

Power Restarting

Eve's moonlight eyes flickered a few times and her vision was light and blurry. When it finally came into focus, she saw four other Eve probes hovering in front of her. They all had different colored eyes, a purple eyed one, a green eyed one, a yellow eyed one, and— the red eyed one.

Eve groaned in anger and tried to lunge at the red eyed one, but something was holding her back. The lower part of her white body seemed to be held back by a holographic belt, along with her arms being locked down.

Eve's voice was stern. "Why did you bring me here? Who are all you heathens?"

"Calm down, tough probe." The red eyed one said calmly. "We're not here to interrogate you or anything."

"Stop talking and tell me who you all are!" Eve yelled.

The red eyed probe crossed her arms. "Might as well introduce ourselves, girls." She pointed to herself. "Rogue. I'm kind of the leader figure here and I'm not afraid to take action."

The purple eyed one spoke next. "Virgo. I stand as the specialist in technology and combat."

Then the green eyed one. "Scepter. I'm the strongest one here."

Finally, the yellow eyed one. "Purity," She twiddled her fingers and looked down. "I-I.. uh-"

"She's not the most sociable probe you'd meet." Interrupted Rogue. Eve noticed Purity staring down in embarrassment. She seemed like the only one she could almost trust.

Eve fidgeted. "Well, now that I know who you are. Let me introduce myself. I'm-"

"We know who you are, and you know who you are, as well."

"Don't go all 'Moana' on me." Eve furiously joked.

Rogue rolled her eyes. "You're Eve. The Eve. Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator."

"Why did you say the Eve?"

"Because you're the original. The first probe out of all of us to come alive and explore world. The others and I changed our names when we first heard of you. Sure, we all are EVE's, but we didn't want to be mistaken as a copy of you. So, we named ourselves and we've been in hiding."

Eve was now interested. "Hiding from what?"

"The humans, the Captain- Auto," Rogue's voice trailed off when she mentioned Auto.

Eve perked up. "Why'd your voice disappear mentioning Auto?"

Rogue mimicked letting out a breath. "We used to work together." Eve's eyes grew. "Even though our sisters and I weren't active a lot in the past, Auto and I would communicate and I would contribute in the plan A113."

Eve went suspicious. "Were you behind that scam as well?"

"I can't really say." Rogue waved her hands around her face. "Let's just forget about that. What's really important is why you're here."

"That's what I was waiting for this whole time." Eve said in a pissed tone.

"Listen, feisty," Rogue snapped. "Captain B. McCrea and other robots have reported some unusual enemies and readings in the galaxy. They don't have a lot of combat robots to look into these in case they're threats, so he called us to look into them. But we can't do this mission without our sister, Eve."

Eve turned her head and thought for a moment. "How long would this mission take?"

Rogue looked up. "I'd say at least more than a month."

Eve gasped. The thoughts of Wall•E being left alone again haunted her and the thought of the Earth being impacted without her presence. She closed her eyes. "What makes you think I'm gonna come with you guys?"

Rogue groaned. "What is your problem? Why can't you just-" Rogue noticed the tiniest bit of sorrow in Eve's blue eyes. She smirked. "Something's holding you back, is there?"

Eve snapped out of her solemn trance. "No! Of course not!"

"Obviously there is!" Virgo yelled.

"Typical," Scepter replied.

Purity flew closer and studied Eve's comment. "It's a soul mate, isn't it?"

Rogue, Virgo, and Scepter looked at her and all three said, "A what now?"

"A soul mate." Purity stated again in her soft voice. "What I mean is, Eve has a love interest on planet Earth."

"Ooooh!" Scepter awed.

Eve scowled. "Oh, grow up, Sentient er- whatever your name is."

"It's Scepter, genius."

"Back off, Scepter." Rogue said. "No need to push Eve. Obviously, whoever she is interested in is holding her back. I mean, a trash compacting, dirty, janitor robot shouldn't have that big of an affect on you."

Eve grew furious. "How the hell do you know who he is and who the hell do you think you are talking about him like that!" She tried to brake free from the holographies.

"Would you calm your circuits, Eve?" Rogue said with an annoyed tone. "I'm just saying that I don't see why he technically means the entire cosmos to you. I mean, he's holding you back from a simple mission to save the planet if needed. I don't mean any offense."

Eve turned away from her.

Rogue's voice went to a sweet plead. "Come on, Eve. We can't do this without you." She hesitated then spoke. "We need a leader. It'll only be for a while."

The blue eyed robot kept thinking. She really didn't want to do this and leave Wall•E alone, but she had no choice. This mission could depend all on her and the rest of humanity and Wall•E could be proud.

"What do you say, sis?" Rogue pressed a button  and the holographic belts holding Eve's body and arms disappeared.

Eve looked back at her four sisters. Rogue had her hand out, waiting for a shake. Eve closed her eyes and lifted her white hand.

"I'll do it." She forcefully grabbed Rogues hand.

Rogue's eyes formed a happy look. "Welcome to the team, sister."