Ch. 3 "Departure"

Wall•E wheeled back and fourth in his truck, waiting for the love of his life to come home. He worried if something life threatening had happened to her. He wanted to go search for her, but at the same time he thought she needed some space, afraid that sometimes he was too clingy.

In the midst of his concern, he heard a small tap on his door of the truck. He rolled over and pressed a button, opening the large door. There stood M-O, his Micro Obliterator friend robot.

Wall•E greeted him with a happy tone. "M-O!"

M-O returned the greet. Hi, Wall•E! He let out some warbles. I came here to tell you that the Captain needs us!

Wall•E began to shake. "About... Evah?"

Yes, but it didn't seem like it was something dangerous. I'm sure Evah's ok. We have to go to the Axiom.

Wall•E sighed in relief. He grabbed his BnL lunch box and hooked it to his back. "Ready!"

Ok, let's go! I told our other friends as well!

"Good." Wall•E replied. With that word, they made their way to the Axiom.

•••

The trash robot and the cleaning robot soon arrived at the massive ship. There was a whole crowd there. The ships doors were fully opened and there stood five sleek looking probes.

Wall•E lifted his optics. "Evah!" He ran through the crowd to see her. When he caught up to the entrance, he realized— there are five Eve's!

The five probes looked at him. The familiar one, Eve, put on a smile. "Wall•E!" She hugged him.

"Glad you're safe!" Wall•E squeaked. Wall•E then looked behind her and saw the four other look-alike Eve's with different eyes. "Who... are they?"

Eve stopped hugging him. "Sisters. Rogue, Virgo, Scepter, and Purity." All four of them waved.

Wall•E stood their a bit star struck. I'm surrounded by a bunch of hot Evahs!

Wall•E shook their hands. "Wall•E!" He greeted.

Purity giggled. "That's a cute name!"

"How original. Waste Allocated Load Lifter Earth class." Scepter said in boredom.

Eve turned her head with an angry look. "It's not like my name's any different!" 

Wall•E quickly noticed how uncomfortable Eve was with her sisters. He grabbed her hand. "It's ok, Evah. Just glad you're safe. Come home now?"

Eve made a nervous look. "Well, Wall•E. That's what I wanted to talk about. You see, the reason we're here is-"

"Alright everyone, quiet down, quiet down." It was the Captain. "Ok! The reason we are all here today is because the robots and I have picked up some frequency in outer space."

Everyone turned their heads in confusion. Frequency? What does he mean? Is this bad?

Captain B. McCrea continued. "By frequency, I mean that we may have picked up some evidence of extraterrestrial beings in space."

Everyone gasped.

"Now, we don't know if these beings are a threat," he quickly interrupted. "but that's why I am sending all of our Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluators to look into this."

Eve sighed. "Yeah, that." She stared at the grown for a bit.

Wall•E's voice was concerning. "Evah- be gone for long?"

"She'll be gone at least more than a month." Rogue interrupted. "Sorry cubey, but this a special opportunity for your little honey here."

Eve covered her face. Rogue was only making this more difficult.

Wall•E noticed the pain in his love. He grabbed her smooth hands. "This is great opportunity! Evah should go. I'll be fine."

Eve looked at him. "Are you sure?"

Wall•E nodded his optics.

"Aw, what a cute thing you guys have got!" Purity said with a dreamy look.

"Bleh!" Scepter gagged. "I didn't even know robots could feel love!"

"I try not to think about it." Rogue added.

"Ok everyone!" The captain yelled. "The Axiom is getting ready to departure. We need you all to clear out and say your goodbyes!"

Eve turned quickly to Wall•E. If she was able to produce tears, she would. "Goodbye," She said.

"Goodbye, Evah." Wall•E said as she hovered away, leaving his hand hanging in mid air.

Eve hovered up to Rogue. Rogue looked at her surprised. "I don't get it." She said.

Eve turned to her. "Don't get what?"

"You two!" She answered. "I've never in my years seen robots act like this. You two have this thing like- like-"

Eve patted her back. "You have a lot to learn about emotion, sister." Her and Rogue made their way up the Axiom.

Eve and her four sister probes took their seats in a lone, shiny, room. Eve picked a spot near a long, thin window and spotted Wall•E. She waved her hand at him. He did so as well.

Eve felt the ground shake and saw outside the rockets flaring up, carrying the Axiom higher and higher and higher... and higher.

The earth vanished from Eve's sight, leaving just a tiny spherical planet. She sighed. These months will be tough.

Rogue floated over to her blue eyed sister. She patted her back. "Well, sister. You are now a Soaring Spark."

Eve titled her head. "Soaring Spark?"

Rogue imitated a smile. "That's what we call our team." Virgo, Scepter, and Purity floated over to Rogue and nodded.

Eve smiled. "I like that name."

Rogue giggled. "Well, welcome to the team. We're here for you."

"Thanks," Eve replied. She turned away from her sisters and stared out the window and noticed a comet flying by. She closed her eyes, sighed, and repeated the name. "Soaring Sparks."