Stories Of The Black Crow

This chapter is dedicated to Night-crystal12

Jack and I walked out of my cabin only to be greeted with Miss Swan yelling at Hashat that we absolutely had to go save her dear William. "Miss Swan I would greatly appreciate it if you kept in mind that I am the captain of this ship, and refrained from yelling at my crew to go save your TRAITOROUS LOVER!" I scream the last part, still royally pissed about what he had done to Jack. "Will did what was necessary to save my life. He got Jack off the ship with me, thereby saving his life as well. He-" "I don't care! Jack you're the one that was left to die. What do you say?"
I said looking to Jack. "As I said before love, Miss Swan has the whole royal navy on her side, and from what I understand, you have no desire to meet your so called "father" anytime soon." Jack said. I could tell he had some sort of plan, so I decided to follow his advice. "Ok Jack, but only because you said so. I still don't like it." I said pouting. "I know love and I'll be shore to make it up to you." He said with a charming smile. "I want a nice bottle of scotch and an equally nice bottle of bourbon for making me think you were dead." I said glaring at him. "Why can't you just drink rum like a normal pirate." Jack groaned. "Because then it wouldn't be fun." I said with a grin. "Boys you heard Jack, keep chasing the Pearl. She'll likely be heading home now." I called. "Aye Captain." they all responded. "Thomas! Hashat is going to be steering the ship for this voyage, I need you to watch our water stores. "I called. "Of course Captain." he said with a smile. "Will said you were a good man. I don't see how a good man could force a child to be a part of his crew." Elizabeth said with a sneer. "First I agree to help your dearest William, save you and he practically sent Jack to his death, then I, against my better judgement might I add, agree to help you save the traitor and you accuse me of kidnapping one of my own crew! That is it! I am officially done!" I stomped off toward my cabin. "Hashat your in charge. Just so you know Miss Swan I'm only helping because of Jack." I said as I slammed the door.

3rd Person POV

"Well that could have went better. "said Jack "I'm going to try and calm him down." As everyone heard something shatter in the cabin. "Key word being try." He then calmly walked over to the cabin door and walked in, shutting it and locking it after him. "You should not speak to Captain Muertos like that. You know nothing about him." Hashat said with a harsh glare. "He really is a good man, an honorable man, I watched him grow into that man." said Edward from the deck. "You really don't know anything about him. Captain Demos saved me. My father was a gambler in Tortuga and got in over his head. He was gonna sell me to pay off his debts. Captain Demos paid the debts for him, but my father insisted he take me. Said he "didn't want to have to deal with me being in the way." Demos could have sold me as a slave in the markets, or he could have traded me for goods at another port, both were within his rights. Instead he took me on board his ship and taught me how to sail, made sure I was well taken care of, he taught me to read and write, he has even offered to buy me my own sword. Would a bad man do that? I think not. Like Hashat said, you don't know the Captain." Thomas said passionately. "Thomas isn't the only person Demos has helped. Almost every man on this ship has a story about how he has saved them. Even me. If you care to hear my story, I'll happily tell you." Edward said. Miss Swan simply nodded. "I had a wife and daughter. Both of them were the lights of my life. I ran a small shop where I sold maps to travelers. One day an epidemic swept through our small town. It took both of them. Not to long after I closed the shop and started drinking heavily, Demos found me completely smashed in a back ally outside some random bar in Havana. He talked to me, and when he found out I was drunk instead of leaving me on the street, he took me to his ship and helped me get over the hang over that followed. After that he asked if I wanted to sail with him. He said he needed help navigating. It wasn't till later I learned he was actually pretty good at that himself and was just trying to help me. He pulled me out of that dark place I had found myself in, and I can never thank him enough for that." said Edward. "So like I said you know nothing about Captain Demos." said Hashat.

Demos' POV

After I entered my cabin I grabbed myself a bottle of the wine we had plundered before meeting Jack and Will and drank straight from the bottle. I can not believe this. I have been very nice. I let Will stay in my cabin, I let him sail with my crew. I was even going to pay him to make Thomas a sword when everything was settled. And how do I get repaid? He leaves Jack by himself to face Barbossa. After all that I agree to help Miss Swan get him back and she accuses me of being some form of kidnapper. I threw the half empty bottle across the room where it shattered. I then heard someone enter the cabin and heard them lock the door. I turned to glare at whoever it was only to find Jack leaning against the wall. "Can you believe it's been nearly 7 years since I stole this ship from my father and renamed it. That means it's been just as long since we met in that port in Havana, and you helped me figure out how to make a name for myself. You taught me how to survive. I don't think I ever did thank you for that." I said with a sad smile. "I try to be good to the crew Jack, you know that. Am I not doing a good job? Why would she think I forced Thomas into the crew? Was I mean to him and he just didn't want to say anything, or-" "No love, it 's nothing like that. Elizabeth just doesn't know you like I and the crew do. As a matter of fact if I had to guess the crew is currently informing Miss Swan as to how wrong she is about you." Jack said with a smile. While he had been talking I had picked up another bottle and started drinking again. "How do you know Jack? What if they don't like it here but feel indebted to me or are afraid of me?" I stopped to take another long drink from the bottle. "Demos you don't normally drink this stuff much less this much of it. What is really wrong?" Jack asked while looking worried. "We're sailing after the Black Pearl Jack, and let's face it Barbossa has more men. What am I gonna do if one of them gets hurt? What if you get hurt? And for what, some guy who left you to die? I know you have something planned, but what about my crew?" I said. " Come here Demos." Jack said softly while opening his arms. I immediately went and hugged him and calmed down as he held me. "I'll take care of it. How about we let you and your crew get me the Pearl, while I go get dear William?" He said with a smile. "I'm going with you. I'll leave Hashat in charge of getting the Pearl, I know he can do it." "Ok love then we'll go get dear William. " He then looked me in the eyes and said "Now we run, savvy?" With a smile on his face. "Savvy, you pirate." I said with a matching grin. Those were the first words we had said to each other when we met while he tried to steal my ship only to realize I was still in it.