5

10. July ❀ age 5 

Richie was sitting in the bathtub as his mother was washing his black hair. Maggie has been a bit mad at Richie ever since the dinner. Ever since Richie cussed. And ever since Richie returned that weird thingy to Eddie. He still didn't know what it was. 

"Mom?" Richie spoke up. 

"Yes?" 

"What was that thing Eddie had?" he turned to his mom. 

"I wouldn't know. I didn't see anything" 

"It was like uhm...like a small, plastic...blue and white and there was holes in each end and it was bigger from the other end. What is it?" 

Maggie thought for a moment, stopping rubbing Richie's hair. "It's probably an inhaler" 

"What's that?" Richie asked. 

"It's a device what you use when you go out of breath. It's precisely descripted to people with asthma. " 

"What's a-asthma" 

"It's like uh..." Maggie said, continuing scrubbing Richie's hair. "It's like a disease...but not a dangerous one, as long as you have the medication and the inhaler. Asthma is this effect, if you get anxious or stressed or scared or just out of breath, you feel burning sensation in your lungs and it feels like you can't breathe. An inhaler gives you some oxygen. It's not pure air, there's some medical stuff, too, but I'm not a doctor. I don't know does Eddie have an asthma. I think you should ask him" 

"Is he gonna die?" Richie freaked. 

"No! Baby, no...I just told you that it's not a dangerous disease..." Maggie chuckled lightly, kissing his forehead. 

Richie giggled and looked at his mom. "Are you still mad at me?" 

Maggie sighed and looked down at Richie. "You should know that cursing in table is not allowed and not in the age of five...when you're older I can't control what you say, but when you're young, when you're my little baby still..." Maggie tickled Richie's sides. "..I won't allow that kind of language coming out of your mouth, you little Trashmouth" 

Richie laughed and tried to get his mother to stop tickling him. "M-M-Mom t-t-t-that tickles-s-s" 

Maggie let out a laugh and stopped. "okay...now let's wash this shampoo away so you can be a clean boy again" 

"And can I go ask Eddie out?" 

Maggie's eyes widened at the odd word combination his son used. "Ask Eddie out? On a date?" she laughed a little.

Richie furrowed his brows.  

"When you go ask someone out, it means that you're asking them on a date, young Tozier" Maggie laughed. 

Richie's cheeks went red. "I didn't know! I don't want to ask him on a date! I want to ask him out to play!" 

Maggie chuckled, which made Richie mad. He crossed his arms and looked at his mom with a glare. 

"I'm sorry, honey..." she finally stopped laughing and turned the shower on and began washing the shampoo away. 

"I just want to play with him" Richie mumbled, still pissed at his mom.