10

24. December ❀  age 6

"Merry Christmas Eddie!" Richie exclaimed and wrapped his arms around his best friend. 

"Merry Christmas Richie" Eddie replied, tip toeing just a bit to reach Richie's height. 

Sonia walked in the Tozier house, looking hesitantly at his son who was hugging Richie. Riley Tozier skipped down the stairs as Eddie and Richie separated from each other. 

"Hey Eddie" she said quick and walked pass them to the kitchen. 

"Hey Riley" Eddie smiled and turned back to Richie. "I got you a present" 

Once again, the Toziers and the Kaspbraks were all gathered around on that snowy evening to have a dinner and spend the Christmas eve with each other. 

Sonia had agreed to this only because it made Eddie happy. She didn't want her son to be sad on Christmas eve. 

"I got you one too" Richie grinned. "Come on. Let's go to my room" 

The two boys began running up the stairs. 

"Boys, come down soon! The dinner's gonna be done soon" Maggie exclaimed before Richie's door slammed shut. 

"Okay, I want you to open mine first" Richie smiled and took out a present from under his pillow. 

It was messily wrapped in a news paper, a red ribbon tied around it. 

Eddie's eyes sparkled as he took a hold of the package, sitting down on Richie's carpet, beginning to untie the ribbon. 

"I hope you like it" Richie said quietly, biting his lip. 

Eddie teared carefully the paper off of a book. Eddie's eyes widened, yet he furrowed his brows. 

"o-open it" Richie stuttered out, scared that Eddie might not like it. 

Eddie opened the book, seeing that it wasn't exactly a 'book' but a notebook. 

On the first page, it said; 

Hey Eds! You like to draw, so I bought you this notebook where you can draw anything you like! And you can wear make-up if you want, maybe guys can wear it too ♥ (messily drawn heart) 

"aaw, richiee" Eddie bawled and pulled Richie for a hug. 

The older boy blushed and adjusted his glasses behind Eddie's back, hugging him clumsily back. "It was the least I could do" 

"I love it! I was running out of paper anyway" Eddie smiled and pulled away from the hug. 

"Well that's great! I mean, not that you're running out of paper, but now you have tons of paper..." Richie blushed even more. 

"I know I know...OH! Open mine now!" Eddie squealed and gave Richie his package. 

It was wrapped in a brown paper wrapper and a golden ribbon tied neatly around it. It had Richie's name in beautiful cursive writing on top of it.