33

september age 11 -12

"Betty. what a nice surprise seeing you here" richie sighed as he sat down next to the brunette girl. (a/n idk is betty brunette but now she is)

the girl sighed and turned to richie. "we're on the same class, smartass. you see me almost every day"

"i wish it was every day" richie smirked.

"ugh" betty groaned despising.

"now that everyone's with their partner for this assignment, i'll be explaining what exactly we're doing- mr tozier please stop that" the teacher sighed and shook his head at richie, who was folding a paper aeroplane and about to throw it.

the boy with the glasses groaned silently and put the paper aside.

"thank you. now! we're going to be reading a part of the book Of Mice And Men. I'll give one paragraph to every pair and you'll be voice acting it out. try to express all the emotions from there, anger and sadness, as best as you can. we'll be reading it as a story, but each paragraph is read by new pair. everyone understood?"

the classroom was silent, and the teacher took that as a yes.

"great! I'll be sharing the parts now, starting from bill and sam" she announced and held the book in her hands.

the chattering began, richie leaning onto his hand and looking at betty. they were pretty much the last ones who would be getting their part, so they had time to talk.

"so, how was your summer, ripsom?"

betty gave a hesitant look at richie, before scoffing. "since when did you want to make an actual conversation with me?"

"since now. tell me what you did. you went swimming?"

"no? I was at my grandparent's farm the whole summer" she replied, drawing something onto the paper in front of her.

"doing what?"

"fucking sheep. what'd you think, smartass" betty groaned.

"that sounds hot" richie smiled. "and to be fair, I don't know what kind of farm it is. is it an animal farm, or just some boring grain farm"

"both" betty laughed a little.

"so you fucked sheep and...?"

"I didn't fuck sheep, idiot. I helped with cooking and cleaning the barn, milking cows"

"you know i do have a thing for farm girls" (a/n istfg if there's some vine references i'm gonna kill myself)

betty smiled a bit and looked at richie. "yeah? why didn't you talk to me earlier then?"

"I didn't know you were a farm chick"

"was that a pun?"

"maybe" richie whispered and the two didn't noticed, but they had leaned closer to each others faces, their breathing fighting in the air.