8 - The Second Meeting (Possibly Worse Than The First)

"Rise and shine, sleepy head!" Sam heard Lilly shout as she pulled the curtains back, letting in the sun. Samantha groaned and stuck her head back under the covers.

"Go away..."

"Never!" Lilly pulled back the duvet and laughed as Sam curled up from the sudden cold.

"You're evil. Give it back!" Samantha lunged for the covers but her friend held it away, where she couldn't reach, and laughed as she threw a tantrum on the bed. "I hate you!"

"You won't hate me so much when you don't miss your call this morning." Sam stopped thrashing on the mattress and frowned.

"What call?"

"Did you even read the rest of the papers?" Lilly sighed as Sam looked guilty. "It said that Mr Stan will be calling you today at any time between 9am and 1pm, so look sharp, missy."

"What time is it now?"

"Half past eight."

"I have plenty of time, then. I could have had another 20 minutes."

"No you couldn't." Lilly threw the covers in a corner of the room and slapped Sam on the forehead. "I have to go to work, see ya."

"Asshole."

Sam heard Lilly's laugh, then a door banging shut. She stretched and fumbled for her phone on the night stand, checking the time. When she saw it was only 8, she shook her head and jumped out of bed, bringing her duvet back with her. Her reasoning told her half an hour more surely wouldn't hurt...

*

Dude, she's not picking up

Message sent from Seb at 09:44 am.

Still not picking up

Message sent from Seb at 10:33 am.

She's probably in the shower or something, relax

Message received at 10:56 am.

For this long? I'm worried

Message sent from Seb at 11:01 am.

I'm sure she's alright. Why are you even this worried?

Message received at 11:15 am.

I just am. I'm going to go to the address they gave me.

Message sent from Seb at 11:26 am.

They gave you her address?

Message received at 11:27 am.

Not exactly...

Message sent from Seb at 11:28 am.

Seb this is a bad idea

Message received at 11:29 am.

Too late. Bye Chris

Message sent from Seb at 11:51 am.

*

Sam woke up to the doorbell ringing through the apartment, loud and harsh. She blinked, trying to clear the sleep from her eyes. Yawning, she stretched and got out of bed, padding out of her room and into the living room. Another ring.

"Alright, I'm coming!" She shouted.

Grabbing the door knob, she yanked the door open, only to be faced with -

"Hi...you're Samantha Miller?" Sebastian asked, his face incredulous. Sam froze where she was, unable to look away from his gorgeous blue eyes. She swallowed and figured she should probably answer.

"Yeah...sorry."

"About what?" He looked amused, a small smile tugging his mouth up at one corner. Samantha caught a whiff of his cologne and she practically melted, her grip on the door tightening. Suddenly, the morning flashed inside her mind.

"I overslept! Oh my god I'm so sorry." She said, a hand coming up to her forehead. Sebastian just smiled and shook his head.

"It's alright, everyone does it." After a pause Sam remembered they were still standing in the doorway.

"Sorry, would you like to come in?"

"That would be very kind of you." He sounded so incredibly American that Sam shook her head for a second as she stepped aside, letting him in. Damn he smelled good. She closed the door behind him and realised he was staring at her. Or more specifically, her pyjamas.

"I see you're a fan?" Sebastian asked, a smirk playing on his lips. She blushed when she realised she was wearing an over-sized Captain America top that went down to her knees. It probably looked like that was all she was wearing. It wasn't, but it looked like it.

"Sorry, I just got up, let me change. Wait here a second."  She heard Sebastian sit down on the couch as she ran into her room, closing the door behind her. Sam leaned against the wood, heaving out a sigh.

Sebastian Stan was in her apartment.

****

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment if you think it deserves it. 

Any ideas as to how I should end this fic? Give me some ideas, I need them. Please. I'm begging.

- Elizabeth x