10 - An Over-Used Setting

"Book hunting?" Sam repeated for the second time as she snapped her seatbelt closed in the back of Sebastian's private car. The actor winked at her, and damn it was attractive.

"Just wait and see."

"If you say so..." Sam anxiously glanced out of the tinted windows, trying to loosen up.

"Please tell me you like to read." Sebastian turned to her, a serious look on his face.

"Yes. I have taste too, don't worry."

"Not a twihard, then?" He asked, teasing.

"No, unfortunately not. My nervous disposition just can't handle sparkling vampires."

"I can barely handle it myself."

"It's truly terrifying." There was a pause, then both of them laughed, lifting the mood.

"We'll be there in five minutes." The driver announced in a gruff voice, interrupting them.

"Okay, thanks Ray." Seb said, peering out the window on his side.

Samantha took a moment to notice how close they were. It wasn't like they were touching or anything, and the car wasn't cramped, but they were still sitting closer than any normal interaction would allow. The car drove through a ditch in the road and their knees bumped together. The girl swallowed. Sebastian, however, didn't seem to notice as he watched other cars bump past them. Suddenly, he turned around, his eyes sparkling with the light filtering in through the window.

"So, Sam...is it okay if I call you Sam?" She nodded, and he carried on. "What's your favourite book?"

"Now that's a loaded question." Sam laughed a little. "I think it's impossible to have only one favourite book."

"Good point. So what's your latest favourite book, then?"

Samantha bit her lip as she thought, her forehead crumpling slightly. She was still thinking when she heard Sebastian laugh. Looking up, she shot him a confused look. "What?"

"That hard to answer the question?" He grinned as she rolled her eyes.

"God forbid I have more than a few favourites." 

"So? Come on, just pick one."

The girl threw her hands into the air in a frustrated gesture. "I can't just pick one, just out of the blue."

"You're gonna have to, we're almost there."

Sam sighed and started thinking again, but she couldn't get him out of her head. He was too close to her, and he smelled way too good. Blinking, she tried to clear her head but she was highly aware that he was leaning in now. She tried to ignore it.

"Tick tock, tick tock." He said, softer, deeper, right by her. If he wasn't in her personal bubble before he definately was now. 

Samantha looked up to find his face inches from hers, something glinting in his sapphire eyes. Her breath caught in her throat. This close, she could see each and every single eyelash, and even they were attractive. 

She had barely noticed that the car had stopped moving, but Sebastian had, as he smiled smugly as he drew away, throwing on a pair of sunglasses as he threw his door open, sliding out. The door smacked shut and she tried to figure out what just happened. 

"Are you coming?" Sebastian said, shocking her by opening her door. He had a lopsided smile on his face, which grew as the girl drew her hair away from her face, still flustered from what had happened. Sam nodded and climbed out, not nearly as gracefully as he had done. He shut the door behind her as she tried to figure out where they were.

They got out on a quiet street, filled with darkened, quaint looking shops. The only people walking around were a mother and daughter, and a young couple. Sam didn't know how recognisable he was, but by the way Sebastian glanced round the street in short movements, as did Ray, she reckoned it was a regular occurrence. Sebastian motioned to the little shop infront of them, putting a hand on the small of her back as he led her inside. The touch sent small shivers up her spine but she ignored them. 

"'Winmoore's Books'?" 

***

Thank you for reading!

Yes, I know, I'm a few hours late, and I'm terribly sorry. I've just started watching In The Flesh and it's phenomenal, you should all go and watch it if you haven't already. 

This fic will be ending soon, so once again, if you've got any suggestions for the ending, I welcome them with open arms because I have no idea what I'm going to do. Please comment them and I'll have a look-see. Once again, thank you for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you!

Love, Elizabeth x