二 | 2

Chapter 2

Rose Fields

Rose Fields

I lead him out into the corridor and tried to block out the loud thumping of my rapid heartbeat. I was actually quite excited at the thought of getting to spend time with Yoongi, despite having moments ago wished to forget him.

"So is your name really Sunshine?" Yoongi asked me casually, as we walked side by side.

My eyes widened and I looked up at him curiously. I hadn't expected Mr. Ice Cold to talk to me at all, but I wasn't complaining.

I could listen to his voice all day

"No..." I replied awkwardly, "My name's Cerise."

"And your surname?"

"Why would you like to know that?"

"In Korea we usually tell people our full names."

"Oh sorry, I didn't know. My name is Cerise Sonnenstein." I said, adding one of my bright smiles that I was famous for.

He just nodded and looked away again, his face as neutral and cold as always.

"So where would you like to go first?" I asked him politely.

"I want to know where the dorm rooms are, so I can put my luggage inside."

"Do you know what wing your room is in?"

"The north wing."

I started laughing. "That's the worst wing you could live in, if I were you, I'd ask for a room change." I suggested.

He raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"There's no sun there because it's on the north side. That place is dark and gloomy most of the time, which is why almost nobody lives in the north wing."

He shrugged. "I like being alone, and I like the dark. It's a win win situation, so I don't see the problem."

I swallowed.

He likes being alone?
He wants to live in the depressing north wing?
I guess he just isn't that social

"It's your choice I guess. I'll take you there."

As I steered us towards the north wing, I caught myself glancing at him again and again. Whenever we passed the high arched windows of the hallways, the sunlight illuminated his face and gave his hair and skin a pristine glow. He looked so otherworldly, like a god bathing in sunlight.