Chapter 3

"Jordan Reece, can you please come up?" The first officer said. I sighed and stood up, I made my way past all the girls' glares and to the front by the officers and Alex, "Okay so what I want you two to do is demonstrate our new handcuffs."

I felt my eyes widen, what does this have to do with english? As if reading my thoughts the teacher said, "Okay class, remember, you have to right an essay about how the handcuffs have improved since the latest model, you may have to do some research on your own."

I sighed as the second officer held a pair of handcuffs in the air, the next thing I know I'm handcuffed to Alex.

"Can you two put your hands on the table please," The first officer said motioning to the table I had just noticed to the side of the classroom. We did as we were told and placed our hands on the table so that the handcuff was strained, then they grabbed a sledge hammer that had been leaning against the leg of the table. The first cop began to pound and beat the crap out of the handcuffs. I was completely unfazed by the noise and didn't flinch while everyone else including Alex flinched every time the hammer hit the table.

"As you see, the handcuffs are pretty much indestructible. The only way to get them off is with the key."

After about an hour of standing there and the cops showing different ways the handcuffs could handle damage, the bell rang and everyone flooded out of the doors besides Alex and I.

"Can you take the cuffs off please?" I asked so I could make it to my next class on tome. The officers nodded and began checking their pockets.

"Uh, Paul? You have the keys right?" The first officer asked after not finding the key on him.

"No, I gave them to you. You didn't loose them, did you Brian?" Paul said as he began checking his pockets, with the same outcome. They both turned to us and smiled nervously. That's when it dawned upon me...They lost the key.  I felt my face pale, Alex's eyes widened and a nervous expression took over his face as he realized.

"How long 'til you get a replacement?" I demanded. My palms started to get sweaty thinking about the conversation with my father about the situation.

Hey dad, just wanted to let you know that I'm handcuffed to this guy so you can't have your "fun" until the replacement key arrives. When will that be, you ask? I don't know, probably longer than you want. Because that will end nicely, note the sarcasm.

"About a week or so?" Paul guessed while shrugging and looking at Brian for confirmation. I mentally groaned while Alex started to bring up a few problems with the situation.

"We don't live near each other, this is out only class together, plus how will we shower or use the bathroom?!" Alex demanded, he may have problems with this, but I just didn't want Alex to witness my father having his "fun".

"Okay, here's what's going to happen. We will talk to your parents, teachers, and principle about your situation and you will stay at Miss Jordan's home until the new key is made. That means no school, good?" Brian said. Alex was clearly debating about it while my brain was screaming NO!! in my head.

"Okay, deal. We'll stay at Jordan's place, away from school until the new key is made," Alex said, awkwardly shaking Brian and Paul's left hands, seeing as his right one was handcuffed to my left one. I just nodded my head and walked out with Alex.

"Should we walk?" Alex asked, clearly not understanding the situation well enough to know that driving is not safe for either of us right now.

"Yeah, unless you can drive while handcuffed."

"Right. Not a good idea, well...lead the way," He said, will swiping his left hand in a forward motion.

"Okay, but know that it's about a twenty minute walk to my house," I say while starting to walk, him pretty much being dragged.