Chapter 11

"I'm alone too," Travis mumbled from underneath me. That's a lie...

He has friends.

He has a getaway.

He has people that care for him

While I have no one.

No friends.

No getaway.

No one.

I get off of him, my hair fell in my face but I didn't move to fix it because I knew that if I attempted to I would only be reminded of my missing hand. The missing part of me. Wait, let me rephrase that, one of the missing parts of me.

"J-Jordan?" I heard Alex whisper softly from behind me, I could feel his presence close to me. I don't turn towards him if I did I knew I would fall apart even more. "Jordan, please look at me."

I felt his hand lingering near my shoulder, but not touching it. I knew he didn't want to pass a boundary that he had created, but weirdly I was disappointed that he hadn't. I stood up, still over Travis and walked over to the nearest wall, leaning on to it so I could try and clear my head.

"Jay? I bet you're in trouble or upset if you're listening to this," I felt my heart skip a beat, I looked back and saw Travis holding his phone up, "Oh well, it was bound to happen. Anyways, I had Travis help me make this for you just in case. I know by now that you probably know that Travis is part of a gang and has a younger adoptive brother around your age. I already knew this, I know this since it was pretty much the first thing he told me before asking me out."

I could feel tears run down my face as I heard her voice, her laugh, her. Lily. I miss her, why does Travis have this? How does he have this?

"Where did you get that?" My voice was shaky and cracked near the end as I turned to face Travis.

Travis held his head low as he stood up, stumbling a little, "This was a little after Blake was adopted, so about three years into dating."

"Wait, Blake is your brother?" I was shocked, I thought that it was just a coincidence that their last names were the same. I mean that since a lot of people have the same last name, but my thoughts started drifting away.

I could hear her voice in the background as I heard another pair of footsteps coming towards us.

"Travis? You here? Jake said that you went off on your own as soon as you entered this dump. Also, have you seen Jor-," The voice stopped talking as the source walked around the corner, only to reveal Blake. "Oh, hey Jordan...Umm, yeah, this is kinda sketchy but I need you, Travis, and even Alex to come with me if you want to survive."

Not really caring, I grab Alex's hand and follow Blake with Travis next to him, occasionally whispering something or bumping elbows. As we were walking out, I felt Alex bend down next to my ear and whisper, "Who was the person on the voice message?"

I gulped, "My sister."

I heard a sharp intake of breath, "How does that guy up there next to Blake know you?"

"He was my sister's boyfriend," I paused. "He's also Blake's older brother, well older adoptive brother."

"Wait, how do we know we can trust them? Weren't they the people trying to blow up the building?" Alex stopped. I turned towards him and sighed.

"Well, then we don't really have a choice. If we leave them, we risk getting blown up with the building and by going with them we can buy time for the other patients and doctors to get out of the building safely." I tried to explain what we're doing for the others that were in the building earlier today. He exhaled and looked passed me at the two guys that have probably just noticed we stopped walking, then back at me.

"Fine, but if anything is even remotely suggesting endangering our safety, we are leaving. Kapeesh?" Alex compromised, I nodded and started walking to catch up with Blake and Travis. I mean, even though I don't completely trust them, they are my only way of getting out of here safely with Alex.

Alex.

I don't even know how I feel about him anymore, earlier he claims to be my childhood friend, then he comes to the hospital and gets angry about me staying with Blake, then he comes back and kisses me. What the heck am I supposed to feel? An attraction towards someone who clearly can't give clear signals to someone else? Yeah...no. But I can't help but feel somewhat of a relationship forming between us...A FRIENDSHIP KIND OF RELATIONSHIP! Not a romantic relationship, gosh..
....imbeciles.

But I will admit, the kiss wasn't that bad...according to my heart but to my mind, it should never have even been a thought in either of our minds...in his mind. Anyways, I have no time nor interest in boys or any type of romantic relationship.

"-Dan. JORDAN!" I snap out of my thoughts as I hear Blake yelling my name while snapping in front of my face. I quickly look towards him.

"Huh? What?"

"Are you okay? You haven't said anything since you and Alex talked? Did he say something? Do you want to leave him behind? Is there anything I can d-" Blake was cut off by his brother placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Let her be, she has a lot on her mind right now. Besides, you can ask her questions back at the base after we get Jake, Joe, and Kells. Okay?"

Blake looked back at his older brother and sighed, "Fine, but I want Jordan to share a room with me and Alex can have his own room."

I was about to jump in and say Hey! Can I have a say in where I'm sleeping? But decided to wait until we were out of the building, or when I have enough energy to run away. Whichever comes first.

As I was lost in my own thoughts, I could hear muffled voices-probably Blake Travis-in the background, but I heard a few words that stuck out from the rest

".....Has to go.....from her, for......sake!.....too danger...." I couldn't tell who said what but either way I don't think that it's good. 

I turned towards Travis and Blake, "So, what time do you think Alex and I can leave? I mean, we both still have school and I still want to go to college and such." 

They both looked at each other and gave one another a look. Then they both turned back to me and Travis answered, "Yeah, about that...we can't afford to let you or Alex leave, you both know too much about our organization. That is all we'll say for now, we can talk later at the base about the whole school situation." 

And with that they started walking ahead of me and Alex. I looked back at Alex and he had a confused expression, I just shrugged my shoulders and began walking again.