The Promise

I spent the entire day looking for Liam... and well Hayden too. The plan to keep Hayden safe from the dread doctors didn't go so well. Which resolved in Liam and Hayden getting captured.
I was partnered with Malia to search in the woods. She was in her coyote form, while I was in my wolf form. We spent the last two days looking for them.
It was the second night searching and I could tell Malia was losing hope. We came to a stop near a tree where we had left our clothes. We shifted back and started getting dressed.
" We have to find them." I huffed out desperately.
"We'll find them, their just not in the woods." Malia stated bluntly, but I could tell she was trying. She knew how much Liam meant to me.
We began heading back to the car, but all I could think of was Liam. The last couple days we've been fighting nonstop and he's been really distant and angry.
At first I just thought it was the lack of sleep, we've been getting lately. So I didn't say anything, but now I could tell it was something more. Malia warned me that it had something to do with Hayden, when she first noticed that they had been getting pretty close with each other. However, I trust Liam and I know he would never do anything that could hurt me. The girls say that I have too much trust in him and that I need to go all girlfriend- bitchy mode. I just hope I could find him and just get everything straightened out. Malia and I are heading out Scott's to see if anyone had any luck finding the two.
We were walking out of the woods toward Malia's car. Suddenly, a pain in my left shoulder caused me to snap out of my deep thought.
"Ow!! Hey, what was that for!" I exclaimed.
" You weren't answering me, I was screaming your name for the last minute." She answered bluntly.
I sighed looking forward. "Well, what's so important that you had to abuse me?" I answered back sarcastically, rubbing my shoulder.
"You smell terrible." She said scrunching her nose. I rolled my eyes at her comment.
"Well, I'm sorry, I haven't really had the time to shower lately." I said as if it was the most oblivious thing in the world.
"No Tara, I meant emotionally." She said impatiently.
"Sorry, I'm just really worried about Liam. As you noticed we didn't exactly leave off on good terms." I apologized looking down. Malia huffed, as we got to her car. She walked over to the drivers seat pulling open the door and reaching over to unlock my door.
I got in and we drove in silence my mind filling with every scenario that could happen when we find Liam. Mid-way there, my phone ran. I leaned over to the back seat to get my bag to answer it. I opened my phone up to see Scott calling. I immediately answered.
"Hello! Scott!" I rushed out. "We found them. Theo found them." Scott answered. I sighed in relief, leaning back in my seat finally able to relax.
"Where are they?" I asked calmly.
"They're here, at my house." Scott stated.
"We'll be there soon." I resourced, then hanged up.
"He's okay, he's okay." I whisper to myself throwing my head back and sighing.
When we got to Scott's I rushed out the car and ran to the front door. I yanked it open, to only be stopped in my tracks. I saw Liam and Hayden on the couch curled up together. Liam's arm wrapped around Hayden with a blanket covering them. Both were peacefully sleeping looking innocent.
But the image in front of me shattered my heart and I could feel my whole world come crashing down in flames. My body went from stiff to limped in seconds. Malia came up behind me, saw what was going on and looked at my face. I probably looked so confused, heart broken and dead, cause to be honest I was.
She put her hand on my shoulder and whispered, " I'm sorry."
I didn't respond, just stood there staring at them, I could feel the image getting burned in my brain. Malia finally decide to end my torture and moved her hand from my shoulder to my wrist dragging me over to the kitchen.
The whole pack was there talking, relaxing, and laughing. They tried to get me to join, but I just stood quiet and emotionless. Everyone left one by one. Till it was just Scott, Liam, Hayden, and me. Lydia mentioned to me that Theo said the two were kissing in his truck. I felt my heart break into smaller pieces, if that was even possible.
I knew it was going to take ages to repair it, but I guess I deserved it for putting my heart in someone's else hands. Derek always did say love was pointless, that it would always ends in pain. Guess he was right, should of listened to my big brother.
"Tara, are you okay?" Scott asked. We both already knew the answer.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered staring into his eyes. His face fell into a pity look, like he could see my soul breaking through my eyes. They did always say that the eyes were a pathway to the soul if you looked close enough.
Before he could say anything else, I left the kitchen going into the living room. Only to see Liam and Hayden awake standing in front of me.
Liam and I stared right into each others eyes. I kept my face emotionless. I could feel my tears filling my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. Liam's face filled with panic. Scott walked in behind me. We all just stood there not knowing what to do next.
"I should get going, it's getting late." I spoke so dead that you wouldn't expect me to be walking. Before anyone said anything, I turned and walked out the door.
"Wait, Tara!" Liam yelled as I slammed the door.
I walked away not looking back. I could hear Scott's door open and close quickly.
Scott yelling in the distances, "Liam! Wait!"
I kept walking and heard Liam's foot steps getting closer and closer. He grabbed my wrist, but I just yanked it out of his grasps. He then comes in front of me, blocking my path.
"Tara, listen to me." Liam breathed out.
"Did you kiss her?" I blurted out.
"What?" Liam said to quickly for my liking.
"Did you kiss her? Do you like her? Do you love her? Was she the reason why you've been distant?.... Why did you break your promise?" I asked staring into his eyes.
"Yes. Maybe. I don't know." Liam answered desperately.
I huffed and walked past him. He jumped in front of my path again.
"Wait! Please, wait. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kiss her, it just happened. I didn't realizes that I was being distant. I'm sorry I hurt you." Liam said quickly.
"Could you ever forgive me?" He asked.
"It's not your fault, I should've known, it's okay that you love someone else." I answered staring at the ground.
"That kiss meant nothing!" Liam let out.
"That kiss obviously meant something! I saw the way you looked at her. It was the way you used to look at me." I breathed out. "You know no matter how much I try to convince my self, I knew it was going to end, but never like, like this." I whispered looking up at him.
"Do you know what it's like for your whole world to come crashing down to your feet, right in front of your eyes? I have spent the whole day looking for you. Worrying and praying that you were still alive, but you were just locking lips with someone." I said with a look of betrayal.
"When I found out that you were safe, I was so relieved . I rushed here, just to see you and Hayden all snuggled up on the couch. My heart shattered to pieces and then I found out that you kissed her!" I exclaimed, tears streaming down my face.
" I know, I know! I made a mistake ok! I shouldn't have kissed her and broke the promise. I was stupid and I regret everything. I didn't mean to be distant, but you mean so much to me and I can't afford to lost you!" Liam confessed.
I stepped closer to him, "You promised you would never hurt me, that you would never leave me. Like my family or my brother." My voice cracked, but I still continued, "When we first started dating I told you how hard it is for my to trust people. How terrified I am to lose the people I love. I loved you, Liam! I trusted you!" I cried out.
"Loved?" He whispered lightly, tears swelling his eyes.
"Yeah, loved." I whispered back. "I'm sorry Liam, but I can't be with you, if I don't trust you anymore." I choked out.
"But I can earn it back! Please! I don't love anyone else. I only love you. And love will save this relationship. So you can walk away and avoid me forever, but I won't stop until you know that I only love you and that you can trust me with your life. That I'll always love you." Liam cried out, "Just tell me what you want me to do?" He finished.
"There's nothing you can do, not anymore." I said with sorrow in my voice.
He just stood there, tears streaming down his face and lower lip shaking. Everything in me was screaming at me to forgive him and wrap my arms around him till those tears stopped, but I knew I couldn't.
"Goodbye, Liam." I whispered so low that any human couldn't possibly hear me, but I knew he did.
I walked passed him and he didn't stop me this time. I kept walking and the further I got the more my heart shattered, but I kept walking till I got to the loft. I knew this was the end of our relationship and it would take a while till I could fully trust him or anyone else, but I was still willing to walk the distances.