1.2 ✾ Lost Jollity

With sweat dripping skin, sweat soaked clothes and the ambition for a rest, they came to a halt. Panting heavily, hands stemmed over their knees as they crooked over to gasp for air, greedily taking in litres over litres of air.

"Blondie.." -back at that name again "we.. are here..."

Ron, still panting, he looked at him with his eyebrows pulled together slightly "Wh-where?!"

Carl slowly straightened up and pinched the bridge of his nose, as if he tried to squeeze the stress out of him "We- the... well, the place..." he panted some more "Saw this place with Enid, she didn't bother but I wanted to explore it"

Ron who didn't know what the hell he was talking about, let his eyes fly over the surroundings and saw nothing more than a rusty gate, overgrown with bushes and ivy. "Uh, you wanted to explore what exactly?"

Carl clucked with his tongue, then grabbed the blonds wrist and dragged him closer to the gate until they could see it better; an seemingly abandoned place that could have been a funfair a long time ago. It was stacked with weather beaten attractions whose once so bright and shiny colours were nothing more than a faded out reminder that once, there had been more than just grey, stealthy colours a long time ago.

A variety of stands stood in line, the letters on their signs hard to read from the water damage they had gotten exposed to from standing there without humans to look after them. Bumper cars laid kicked from their course between the colourful stalls and a giant ferris wheel was really the only thing that stood out about this place. A couple of passenger cars were missing on the outside of them rim but the colours of this thing were -surprisingly- still intact and shinning down to them in a mocking way as if reminding the boys how stale they looked compared to the fun Ferris wheel.

Ron looked at it in awe, never had he ever been at such a place that once held so much fun and joy within it nor did he ever thought those places still exist. He wanted to run up and drive on the Ferris wheel or follow the sweet scent that lingered in the air.

"You like it" Carl asked him, watching the boys face with a smile on his lips.

"Yes..." Ron said quietly but then he took a step backwards and shook his head "No- well yes I like it but no, we can't go there, Carl"

"Why not?" Carl raised an eyebrow at him.

"We don't know what people might be awaiting us there," Ron said, but Carl wouldn't give up that easy and pulled something out of his pocket. He looked at it before he unfolded it in front of Rons eyes, it was a heavily folded, green ticket, deep crates spread across the thick paper and it was frayed at the corners as if Carl had kept the thing for years in his pants.

He handed it to Ron "We've got permission to enter"

Ron frowned at the small piece of paper and doubted that the thing would be of any worth. It wasn't like any security guard would come up to them and check the ticket prior entering and the fact that Carl thought it would be useful, made the blond seriously query on the boys intelligence.

"Carl... I really don't think.. someone's gonna check" Ron tried to tell him as gingerly as possible, speaking to the brunette like he was a child, speaking to him like he always spoke to Sam.

"I know, dumbass" Carl said untouched "I'll show this whoever wan' one-on-one with me, and as they look I'll slam my burner in their shabby faces" he huffed out air angrily as if the thought kindled rage within him.

"Okeeeey, Carl.." Ron said slowly, handing him back the ticket wordlessly and the brunette snapped it out of his hand, folding it two times before he pocketed it.
"So we go?" He asked