2.9 ♛ Carl

[ sorry, it's short as I got kinda lazy halfway through ]

He knew he should go back and tell them to get the fuck away from that girl, put as much distance between them as the grounds allowed. He should, he must if he wanted to keep them safe. But something about his own secrets lured him away from the others safety. He couldn't have both, safety for his friends and Ron's love. He would lose it all with that one

Carl sat by the disco in front of a bench, watching the sun disappear behind the grey clouds. And with the sun going, he knew they wouldn't bother to hide from the light anymore, the nightmares. There was nothing to fear for them within shadows and the familiar black of the night. But that wasn't Carl's only worry.

The pills that still sat in his pockets did no other than remind him of the ones he had left at home and which needed to be taken within the next hours. He didn't want to think about what would happen if he missed even just one of the ones he had to take every single day to the right time.

Carl's thoughts spun back to the blond, and with his secrets always in the back of his mind he felt like Ron would never be truly his. And if it wasn't a secret, then it would be a hopeless truth. Something that was enough to make Ron's back turn towards him before he walked out of his life, and Carl didn't want that.

He sensed that stupid sod coming for him before he even heard, saw or smelt him - Carl wasn't a wolf or anything for people's odours but Mikey smelt like garbage when he opened his mouth, or at least his words brought that accent of trash within them. And he didn't just say that because he hated that chubby, milkface. Really.

"Grimes, whatcha doing here my man?" Mikey called with a grin plastered on his face. And his upturned corners of his mouth, causes Carl's to turn downwards, even more so than they already were.

"Piss off" He grunted.

Mikey made a surprised face and held both hands in front of him in the air "Woah! That's a way to greet a friend"

Carl scoffed "Ain't friends, scrub"

"Was just takin' a piss on you, I'm not obsessed with you like Ron" Mikey rolled his eyes and came to a halt four steps away from the "Was gonna ask you what's going on between you but, err, I have another concern that's more important"

Carl rose his eyebrow over the scar, gesturing for him to go on.

"We haven't seen Ron for like an hour now after a little argument, and since he's not with you... do you know where he could have went?"

Carl's heart froze in his chest and the worst case scenarios played in his head. He jumped to his feet before he even answered "might have an idea,"