Traces

Welcome to the final chapter of Princess!!

Okay, I am completely kidding. We still have a ways to go for this story, and it is not over yet. Don't worry, guys! 😌❤

I can't believe Harry is 24! These boys need to stop aging ASAP. It is not okay! 😭

Well, here's the update that you've all been waiting for!

Hope you enjoy! Now to work on next week's update. 😜

Chapter 85:

    It was the next morning, and while I still felt terrible, I felt a bit better than the day before. Zayn woke up this morning with a bit of a headache, and I scolded him about the night before, telling him thag I knew we shouldn't have kissed, but he only laughed it off and went to get the both of us some medicine to take.

     We were currently lying in bed, just snuggled close together with our eyes closed. I didn't feel tired exactly, but the position we were in was very comfortable, and I could feel myself slowly being pulled into the arms of sleep. It was very tempting, but if I slept then that meant I wouldn't be able to enjoy the way Zayn's arms wrapped around me and held me close-- his warmth; the periodic kisses that he pressed to my forehead.

    I found myself fighting against the heavy feeling of my eyelids, and I snapped my eyes open again as I heard Zayn chuckle before speaking. I looked at him to see an amused and fond smile on his lips.

    "You look like a puppy trying to stay awake," He commented, and I gave a shy smile before hiding my face against his neck. I heard his laugh lightly again at my embarrassment, and then I felt his hand reach around and rub my back soothingly.

    "Liam, you can go to sleep if you need to. Nobody's stopping you," He pointed out, and I knew that. It was really whether or not I wanted sleep over spending this time with Zayn. It was easy to pick a winner.

    "I don't want to go to sleep. It's just that it's so warm and comfortable right now. It's tempting to sleep, but if I sleep then I miss out on the moment," I finally admitted, looking back up at Zayn to gauge his reaction.

    "I'll still be here when you wake up. And it's not going to be the last time we have a moment like this. We have forever," He said, and the word itself made my heart flutter at its wonderful possibility.

     "Forever's not even enough time," I mumbled, feeling cheesy and foolish for saying it, but it was true. No matter how much time I had to spend with Zayn, I would always want more. Maybe it was selfish, but it's what I knew to be true. I could never get tired of Zayn.

    "Hmm," He hummed in agreement, kissing my forehead once. "But you're clearly sleepy, love. Just rest for a bit, princess."

    I thought about it for a moment, wanting to object, but my body seemed to have made up its mind without questioning my opinion before informing me. I felt heavy as I felt my eyes closing, and I spoke again, eyes closed and snuggling closer to Zayn than I previously was.

    "I'll just rest my eyes."

   I heard Zayn give a small chuckle before I slipped into sleep faster than I ever thought possible. Then again, I have never been so comfortable like I was in that very moment.

     I woke up to a knocking on the bedroom door after what felt like a minute or two, but when I looked over to tbe clock, I saw that I slept for two hours. I looked to Zayn beside me to see that he had fallen to sleep as well. I smiled at him, pushing some of his hair off of his forehead and pressing a kiss there before forcing myself to climb out of the warm bed and open the door to see my mum and Colette there, smiling widely at me.