The Talk

Philip walked towards Barnum's door. He went to knock on the door but it opened as if on time. "Oh, hi Phillip I was just going. To get ready. Is there something you need?"

"Um, yes can we talk?"
"Sure" said a skeptical Phineas

They walked over and sat on the bed and Phillip just thinks for a second. "Is everything ok, Phillip?"

"Um, yeah"
"Your sure"
"Well, to some extent"

Phineas went quiet. Does he want to quit the show? Does he want more money? Is it because of me? "Phin", ugh that nickname again "yeah"

"I have something I have to tell you and it's not going to be the easiest thing to say." Says Phillip twiddling his fingers.

"Ok, take your time. No matter what it is I'll support you."

"Maybe not so much on this you will Phin" said Phil anxiously staring at his lap now.

"Hit me with it"

That gave Phil the confidence to just blurt it out. "I, um, I like you, like really like you."

Taken back by what Philip just said Phineas just kind of stared ahead not really knowing what to say or do.

"I should go, I'm sorry I said anything just forget it." Says Philip trying to get out of this awkward situation as fast as humanly possible.

"Wait!" Yells Phineas as Phillip is halfway through the corridor. Everyone looks up from where there sitting to where all the commotion just in time to see Barnum grab Phillip from the neck and crash his lips on his. There was cheering and screaming from the troupe and the ones that weren't in the room ran in to see what was happening. Anne smiled and patted herself on the back, "Another job well done" she says as she walks away. Everyone else understands and decides to give the two some privacy.

Phillip is the first to pull away. "How long?" Says, Barnum, forehead pressed to Phillips. "Honestly? Since the day we met. I looked at you and you just took my breath away. I couldn't have said anything though. I wouldn't know how you would have reacted and I could've been beaten to death on the streets.

(I know this is going to sound corny and out of the blue but I couldn't think of any other way to right it so bare with me.) "Phillip, your the reason why I divorced Charity. Yes, I loved her and part of me still does but I couldn't bring myself to fake feelings that I no longer longed for. I fell in love with you. This preppy, boy with tons of money that I knew I didn't have a chance with, nor him wanting to run off and join the circus with me. But those two things are happening/happened. Phillip would you take the honor of being my boyfriend?"

"Yes!" Said Phillip kissing Phin again.

————————————————————————(3 hours later right before showtime)

"Phineas I can't find my costume?" Yelled an anxious Phillip.

"Did you look in the chest"

"Yeah it's not in there"

"Well just borrow my extra one then!" Said Barnum getting a bit annoyed by Phillip losing another costume.

As Phillip is putting on Phineas's extra costume that is a little big for him, he doesn't realize Barnum come up behind him and straighten the suit out.

"It's a little big, but it will work. It looks good on you. You need to stop losing your suits and put them where you know you will remember where they are at." Says Barnum looking at Phillip amazed by how good he looks in his version of the costume.

"I swear I put it on top of the chest, like I always do . I swear someone is taking my suits!" Says an angry Phillip.

"Ok, whatever you say" Says an amused Barnum. He kisses Philip on the cheek and says,"showtime".