Chapter Three - Revelation

Jimin woke with a start, head throbbing and body aching. He blinked blearily around his bedroom, unsure of what exactly woke him up because the library was having one of those rare moments where all was still and quiet.

And then he heard it: a loud bang that somehow echoed all the way up to the attic.

Warily, Jimin threw his legs out of the bed and onto the cool, hardwood floor. It creaked under his weight, causing him to flinch because he was trying to be sneaky. With a huff, he decided to give up and sprint down the stairs, practically stomping his feet against the wooden steps to try and show his unwelcomed visitor that he was awake and coming.

Clearing his throat and ruffling his hair, Jimin snapped his fingers and watched as the entrance door flew open, a spray of water blowing into the library. Jimin frowned as he watched a cloaked man stumble into the library, soaking wet and panting.

"Sir," Jimin sighed, hand on his hip, "I know it's raining and all, but that doesn't mean you can just walk in here for shelter."

The man chuckled, sending a familiar shiver down Jimin's spine.

"Please," the man rasped, leaning against the counter. "I believe I have the right to enter my own building."

Jimin's eyes widened and his lips parted. "H-hyung...?"

The man lifted his hood and slowly let it fall, revealing his dashing face. "Good to see you haven't burned the place down, Jimin-ah," Seokjin mused, wide grin on his face.

Jimin rolled his eyes and assisted Seokjin with taking his soaked cloak off, revealing his completely dry robes and pendent. He placed the cloak onto the coat rack and turned his attention back toward Seokjin, but found that the elf had taken it upon himself to tour around the library he once owned.

Yes, Seokjin was (still kind of is) Jimin's mentor. He had brought Jimin up when he was but a teenager--hardly the appropriate age to become a loner that lived inside the realms' most precious library--and just kind of taught him his ways: treat the library as you would any other person, basic magic (they both were rubbish at magic back then), and so on and so forth.

Jimin had a falling out with Seokjin, so to speak. The elf had just up and decided to separate himself from both Jimin and the library after meeting his soulmate, saying something along the lines of, "This is the perfect opportunity to increase my magical abilities!"

Jimin knew that the poor guy probably just wanted to get laid after two-hundred-seventy years of not doing so.

"Jimin-ah!" Seokjin shouted, voice echoing across the empty space. "What have you done with Odengie and Eomukie?!"

Jimin rolled his eyes and followed after where Seokjin's voice came from, soon finding the elf flipping over a table, supposedly looking for his pets.

Odengie was an all-seeing snake that Jimin tended to avoid, since he didn't really feel pleasant whenever he saw his own death in the reptile's glossy eyes. Eomukie was this ghastly miniature dragon that took a liking to Seokjin after bumping into him during one of his searching-for-a-purpose-in-life trips.

Jimin never said Seokjin was the wisest nor most pleasant mentor.

"I don't know," Jimin drawled, flipping the table back onto its legs once Seokjin stopped snooping around underneath it. "They just disappeared after you left, so I always thought they went after you or something to that effect."

Seokjin huffed, plopping down into a chair, pout on his face. "Well, they didn't. I didn't bump into them once while I was training with Yoongi-ah."