Chapter Four - Bittersweet

Scratch that, he was full out panicking.

Taehyung was continuing from where they last left off in the book, surprising Jimin since he had thought he scared him off by attacking him with books. 

When he voiced this, Taehyung simply smiled and said, "Then who else could I go to and talk about my species' history?"

To say the least, Jimin had fallen, and he had fallen hard.

It didn't make Jimin's situation any easier when Seokjin suddenly popped into their little reading session. He would keep on teasing Jimin and try to make him seem appealing to Taehyung by bragging about him, like he was his mom who just wanted to see her son happy and with children.

Jimin couldn't help but blush at that last thought.

Jimin eventually shooed Seokjin away and out of the library, apologizing to Taehyung for his mentor's behavior.

"Nah, it's okay," Taehyung laughed. "He's pretty cool, actually."

Jimin snorted. "Seokjin-hyung cool? I think you have him mixed up with a different person."

"Yeah, I think I got him mixed up with you."

A giggle bubbled its way out of Jimin before he had time to stop it. Taehyung went back to reading, as though he hadn't just flirted with Jimin.

Okay, woah, Jimin thought, shaking his head. I need to stop jumping to conclusions. He probably just said that to make me feel better about the fact that I'm not as powerful as Seokjin.

With that reassuring thought in mind, Jimin went back to reading along with Taehyung's voice, eventually falling back into the rhythm of their usual reading sessions. 

"And, to conclude this journey," Taehyung read, putting a dramatic flare in his voice (Jimin managed to bite his tongue before the chuckle escaped him), "I guess, all in all, zearx are unpredictable creatures. Mostly dangerous, but not completely lethal."

Jimin waited for something more, but Taehyung simply closed the book and gently placed it back onto the table.

"Wait, that's it?" Jimin mumbled, glancing up at Taehyung with a pout.

"Afraid so, ChimChim," Taehyung sighed, folding his arms behind his head. "But it was informative, yeah? Enough for your nerdy brain?"

Jimin rolled his eyes and shoved him in the torso. Taehyung giggled and Jimin froze because that was the first time he'd ever heard the zearx laugh.

Perhaps he was being overdramatic, but Jimin could have swore he saw the bookshelves lean in closer, as though they were trying to get a better view of Taehyung laughing.

I guess I'm not the only one in love with this idiot, Jimin scoffed.

"Jimin-ah," Taehyung called out, head now laying atop the table.

"Yeah?" Jimin responded, not bothering to hold back his giggle.

"You still haven't gone to the doctor?"

Jimin slowly closed his eyes and took a deep breath through his nose.

He knew that Taehyung was going to bring it up eventually, considering the fact it's been a couple days since Taehyung recommended he went to the doctor. And here he was, still laughing up a storm.

Even after all that time, he still didn't know what to do if Taehyung ever questioned him. He hadn't even bothered with coming up with an excuse. Yeah, he didn't want to just admit to Taehyung that he was his soulmate, but he also didn't want to straight up lie to him.