Chapter Seven - Finale

Time seemed to stop.

Jimin's eyes bulged out of their sockets as he waited for Taehyung to respond; embrace him, push him away, speak--anything.

What he didn't expect was for Taehyung's eyes to start tearing up.

"Ah!" Jimin exclaimed as a tear dripped down from his right eye. "Why're you crying?!"

He quickly let go of Taehyung's hands and carefully brought his hands up to Taehyung's face, wiping his thumb along where the tear would have continued to fall.

"Why're you crying?" Jimin repeated, making sure he asked in a gentler tone. "Hmm? Why're you crying, TaeTae?" He began to giggle. "I should be the one crying!"

Taehyung giggled right along with him. "Why's that, ChimChim?"

Jimin faltered. "I-I, um, I dunno." Another giggle. "I guess I was just naturally prepared for rejection."

Taehyung smiled and lifted his arms, placing them on Jimin's shoulders. "Why is that, Jiminnie? Hmm?"

Jimin blinked back the burning in his eyes. "U-uh"--he silently cringed at how his voice wobbled--"because I think I'm really fucking in love with you, but I knew you weren't experiencing the soulmate side-effect and got really, really scared."

Taehyung rubbed at the nape of Jimin's neck, nodding his head and humming. "Well, what if I told you that you don't have to be scared?"

Jimin choked out a sob and giggle. "Well, I would be really happy and probably still cry."

Taehyung pouted. "Why's that?"

"Because whenever the human body goes into too much emotional and/or physical turmoil, their body's natural reaction is to cry," Jimin blurted out, eyes wide with alert as Taehyung simply looked at him with a fond smile.

"Mhmm, whatever you say, ChimChim," Taehyung murmured, leaning forward and pressing his lips awkwardly against Jimin's.

Jimin tensed and his eyes opened impossibly wide. He whined against Taehyung's lips and tilted his head, determined to not bump their noses together. His hands slowly released their hold on Taehyung's face and lowered to his shoulders, grabbing a hold of them before relaxing and resting his wrists on them.

He slowly kissed back, nice and gentle, heart hammering against his chest at the close proximity. His eyes fluttered close as he slowly fell into a rhythm with Taehyung's lips, his lips nice and cool against his heated skin.

Jimin's eyes snapped open when he felt Taehyung's tongue flick out against his lips. He gulped when he saw that Taehyung's eyes were open, staring right into his, and his pupils were blown up, making his eyes exceptionally dark. With a silent sigh, Jimin parted his lips and squirmed when he felt Taehyung's tongue explore his mouth, a moan escaping him once or twice. He was too embarrassed to keep his eyes open, opting to squeeze them shut.

He whined when Taehyung pulled away, his eyes flying open at the lost contact. He giggled when Taehyung simply smiled at him.

"Wow," Jimin breathed, pushing his hair back with his hand. "Um, you got a lot of experience kissing?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I suppose. That your first kiss?"

"Yeah." Jimin chuckled. "I don't get a lot of action since I'm locked up in the library all of the time."

Taehyung wriggled his eyebrows. "Well, you can certainly expect me to give you all the action you need."

Jimin's face burned.

"Shit, I didn't think lover boy had that much confidence," Seokjin whistled, popping a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"Was your mentor watching us the entire time?" Taehyung questioned, a frown on his lips.

"If he was, I'll personally escort him all the way down to the underworld," Jimin hissed.

Jimin had never seen Seokjin run faster.

Jimin rolled his eyes and turned his attention back toward Taehyung, another giggle bubbling out of him. "So"--another giggle--"what...are we?"

Taehyung tilted his head. "Isn't that obvious, Jimin-ah? We're soulmates."

Jimin watched as Taehyung intertwined his fingers with his.

"Through and through; nothing can separate us."

"Not even the fact that I might commit a murder within the next hour?" Jimin teased.

"Well," Taehyung chuckled, "I guess I'll be seeing you in Hell."

A/N - Smh, I guess this is okay.