10: First Date

“You ready dude?” Michael asked looking at the Squip using the rearview mirror.

“I guess? I mean, I don't know...am I supposed to feel nervous?” Squip asked watching his hands shake a little.

“Yeah, but don't let your nerves get to you,” Jeremy looked back at the Squip with a comforting smile. “You're gonna do great.”

“I hope everything works out for you guys,” Michael said making a left into the parking lot.

“And if it does something, Mikey is giving Mountain Dew Red to Rich so he can drink it,” Jeremy told him. “The Red won't affect you this time, right?”

“I don't...think so?” Squip said with uncertainty.

“Well, if it does, I'm ordering a regular Mountain Dew, so I'll be able to bring you back.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, dude! It's great having you around!” Michael exclaimed before parking. “You guys ready?”

Squip looked up at the two boys looking back at him. He took a deep breath before nodding his head.

“Then, let's do this!” Michael smiled as he opened the door and got out.

Jeremy looked back at Squip once more before humming and getting out.

Once everyone was out of the car, they headed inside the restaurant. The three of them felt their phones vibrating and checked them. Everyone was wishing Squip good luck, and it honestly made him feel warm inside.

Typing a quick thank you, he followed the boys inside, where he saw his date in a green suit, as well as Rich and Jake in a booth nearby. The two of them waved at the newcomers, while Kermit just glared disinterested.

“Um, I don't know how they set this up, but my friend, Sam, has a date tonight and he’s right over there,” Michael pointed over to Squip’s date.

“Ah, yes, the Goranski bunch. Follow me,” the hostess said with a kind smile.

She led the three of them to the tables reserved.

“Um...hey,” Squip waved nervously.

Kermit glared up at him annoyedly.

“Sit,” he ordered, and the Squip sat across from Kermit.

“So, um...thank you for-"

“Save it. I have some questions for you,” Kermit interrupted him, picking up his glass of grape juice that suspiciously looked like red wine.

“Um...okay?”

“Have you heard anything from The Corporation?”

“No, I've been cut off...why?” Squip was confused.

“Ha, the boss must really be disappointed in you,” Kermit smirked.

Back to insulting? Squip was sure this wasn't how dates worked.

“Um...why are you insulting me?” Squip asked. “I don't think you're supposed to insult your date…”

It was quiet for a second before Kermit burst into laughter.

“You seriously think I'd wanna go on a date with someone as pathetic as you?! You're a joke!” Kermit continued laughing, while emotions were flowing through Squip.

Confusion, sadness, and anger were the main ones.

“I...I don't understand,” Squip tried to stay calm. “Y-you agreed to this...you said you'd g-give it a chance…”