ACT ONE, SCENE SIX

ACT ONE, SCENE SIX: Boys, boys, boys
"Oh, and I'm sure you'll be a gentleman about us sleeping together."

THE RIDE HOME WAS AS silent as could be

THE RIDE HOME WAS AS silent as could be. Mallory made sure to concentrate on the road and not on the sleeping man beside her with nothing but tight jeans and a leather jacket on. 

God, why were assholes always so hot?

When they pulled in, Mallory left the car running just for a bit. She put the car in park and took a shaky breath. This was the first time she drove a car since her parents' incident.

"Are you just going to sit out here all night or are you going to let me go home?" Billy's voice was rough and tired. He hadn't ever fully gotten to sleep, just rested his eyes.

"Why are you such a fungus?" Mallory mumbled to herself. Billy chuckled.

"I'm still the one who brought you home. Now, get out. I have to get home," Mallory's head cleared.

"No!" She shouted rather loudly, shocking Billy, "I mean, no. You can't drive. You're still super drunk. You'll just... stay the night here."

What? What was Mallory thinking? Stay the night here? He couldn't! Jimmy and Sam would flip if they walked into the living room and saw a strange teen passed out on the sofa. He'd have to stay somewhere else. Somewhere like her room! But, Billy Hargrove? In her room? He'd get ideas! He'd—

"I can't. My dad is waiting for me," Billy said, dragging a hand down his face.

"You aren't going to want to go home drunk, are you? Won't your dad be totally miffed then?" Why was she so adamant to have this boy she hated in her home? Was it because he did something nice for her and so she has to get even?

Billy was in deep thought, though. His dad would be miffed if he were to not only show up late but drunk as well. In honesty, this plan seemed like a good escape for the short term, even if he wasn't particularly fond of Mallory.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Billy went to get out of the car before turning back to Mallory, "And I won't tell anyone if you don't."

Mallory scoffed, "Did you honestly think I was going to brag about having a dweeb like you at my house?"

"Hey! There are girls who would love to be in your shoes right now!" Their moment of sincerity was short lived.

"Well, next time why don't you pick them up?" She turned off the car, slamming the car door and covering her arms against the frigid wind as they walked to her front door. Billy rolled his eyes and followed her.

Mallory reached under the well-used welcome mat. She grabbed the spare key and unlocked the door, letting Billy in quietly and then replacing the key to its spot. After shimmying inside, Mallory peered around to see if anyone was spying on her as she always did when she came home late.