ACT ONE, SCENE EIGHT

ACT ONE, SCENE EIGHT: The Date
"So what's up with you and Billy?"

"EVER HEARD OF 'PRIVACY', BILLY?" Mallory shot as she closed her locker to reveal Billy leaning against it

"EVER HEARD OF 'PRIVACY', BILLY?" Mallory shot as she closed her locker to reveal Billy leaning against it. Ever since first period, Billy hadn't left Mallory alone.

"Ever heard of 'bad decisions', Mallory?" It was basically the same thing he said an hour ago. "This is a bad idea," and "What're you thinking?" are the only things that had left his mouth all day.

"You know what I think? I think somebody's jealous," Mallory smirked. No guy would get this worked up unless he actually cared.

"Pfft," Billy scoffed, "Jealous of what? Getting a date with the biggest tease in school? Actually, now that I think about it..."

He was kidding, she knew that. That was how he joked. But 'the-biggest-tease-in-school' part? Where did that come from?

She halted and then slowly turned around, "Wait. What do you mean 'biggest tease in school'?"

Billy made a face to show his confusion on her curiosity, "Mal, you're kidding me right? You remember what you wore on Halloween? No guy has shut up about it since."

"How does one night make me the biggest tease, though?" Mallory was working hard to gain her reputation back ever since the incident. Being a supposed tease wouldn't help.

"Well, I mean, in my opinion, you're just a brat, but some guys think you're kinda hot," Billy's face began to be tinted a light rosy color. Mallory giggled.

"Is big bad Billy Hargrove blushing? Does the king of chicks himself think I'm 'kinda hot'?" Mallory wouldn't deny it, she was pretty. It didn't mean she didn't have her fair share of insecurities, though.

Once more, Billy scoffed, "You wish, Mallory. But back to the real problem, you cannot go out with Chad."

Mallory sighed. They get off the damned topic for three seconds before Billy hops right back on it. She merely rolled her eyes and continued to her next class.

She would go on this date even if Satan himself rose from the depths of Hell and told Mallory that he sent Chad to collect her soul. She would prove Billy Hargrove wrong, even if it killed her.

Well, maybe in the latter case she would be proving Billy Hargrove right.

When school let out, Mallory briskly walked straight ahead to the middle school. Debbie and she needed to leave as quickly as possible before the Hargrove Demon showed up to fester on Mallory's apparently bad decisions. 10th period she luckily didn't have class with the insolent boy but that didn't mean he wasn't going to be looking for her when class let out.

Her foot tapped the pavement impatiently and she kept glancing over her shoulder like a paranoid maniac. Her ears were kept alert for loud obnoxious music like a mouse listening for a cat. Her legs shivered with anxiety like a terrified child.