Will You Marry Me?-JSE

Jack had told me to dress nicely, as in a dress and heels. A dress and heels. I complied, wanting to actually look presentable. I applied a little amount of makeup and styled my hair before grabbing my purse, putting my phone and other necessities in. I left the room, walking down the stairs while holding onto the railing tightly so I didn't slip and break my face.

"You look gorgeous." I heard Jack breathe. I looked over and smiled at his red cheeks.

"And you look handsome." I looped my arm through his. "Shall we go then?" I asked him, using my free hand to push a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! Uh, let's go." He said nervously. I kissed his cheek before walking outside, seeing a taxi.

"Reservations please." A woman with black hair pulled back into a right bun said, her tone slightly grumpy.

"Um, McLoughlin." Jack squeezed my hand.

"Right this way." A dark skinned man smiled, leading us to our table.

"Thank you." Jack and I said in unison as we sat. I hung my coat and bag over the back of my seat before turning and facing Jack. I gave him a smile before looking through the menu.

After eating our dinner, I could see the nervousness in Jack's eyes. I reached my hand over the table, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. He looked up, giving me a small smile for taking a deep breath.

"Y/n, there's something I want to tell you." He managed to say.

"You can tell me anything." I smiled at him again. He nodded before grabbing something out of his pocket and getting up from his seat.

"Y/n, we've been dating for over four years now. It's been the best four years of my life and I wouldn't trade them for the world, not even our fights. I love you so much and I've been planning this for so long. What I want to say is," he got down on one knee and my eyes widened, my hands covering my mouth, "y/n m/n l/n, would you make me the happiest person alive and marry me?" He opened the box, revealing a band of silver with a glittering diamond on the top. I nodded.

"Of course I will." I managed to say through the tears, standing up, pulling him up and kissing him. When we parted, I hugged him tightly. Pulling from the hug, he put the ring on my finger.

"I can't wait until you're actually Mrs McLoughlin." He smiled before kissing me again.

I'll say "Will you marry me?"