8

Madison's POV:
'I need to ask you something' Layla says as we're sitting on my bed with pizza and a movie on in the background.

'Okay, go on' I say then she turns the volume down on the tv.

'Okay so I noticed you and Ethan today, like flirting but I don't even know if you noticed' she said and I have her a weird look. 'Really?' I ask.

'Flirting like hell babe, he has to like you!'

I just laugh. 'Really? Ethan Dolan my best friend, a player, my 'fake' boyfriend is not into me like that'.

'Ugh why can't you see it, the way he looks at you Mad's, you never know he might have changed' I just roll my eyes.

'He only looks at me like that because he thinks I'm beautiful' I say without realising.

'Wait w-what?!' She says in disbelief. I immediately want to smack myself and wish I never said anything.

'Okay he called me beautiful while we fell asleep.. no biggy chill' I say hopping off my bed.

'Where do you think you're going?' She asks. 'Lay we just drank two big milkshakes I just need to pee' I laugh and head to the restroom.
-
Throughout the night she was talking to me about Ethan and how she thinks we should actually get together.

But I don't like him in that way.

Or do I?

Sure Ethan's one of my favourite people but even if I did like him he would just break my heart, he's a player and he knows it.
-
|Monday at school|
I reach my English class and dreading the lesson, except last period where I have free.

As I sit in my seat which is right I don't of Layla miss.Robinson starts to teach.

I zone out of the lesson thinking about last night.

The conversation between Layla and I.

All night last night I was questioning myself. Do I like Ethan more than I think? Would he like me back?

We flirt twenty four seven but it's all just an act to him.

I look to my right and in the front corner of the room is Ethan staring right at me and smirking.

I smile back and tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear and I blush.

Why the fuck am I blushing over my bestfriend. This is so frustrating.

I look back and he points to his phone and mines to me 'check your texts' I do as told.

E: Gray is taking Layla out tonight, wanna join them??
Me: duh, only if we get pizza though

I sent the reply and watch his face as it sent. He smiles and puts his phone back in his jean pocket before Miss caught him on his phone.

-
It was last period which meant I could finally leave since it was free.

Layla drove us this morning so I'm catching a ride back to hers to get ready for tonight.

We reach the big black and brown house and head inside. I say hi to Layla's parents then we head to her room.

'May I ask why you are coming again?' She asks getting out her outfit.

'Ethan wanted me to' I say back changing into my dress.

'Ooh I wonder why' she laughs I just glare at her. 'What do you mean?' I ask.

'Well it's obvious this is a date for me and Gray... you too are so oblivious that you like eachother' she says I just shrug.

'No way, you do like him don't you-'
'Okay maybe, but he doesn't need to know okay' I said interrupting her.

'Me and Gray knew it all along I'm so smart' she says and I just roll my eyes and finish getting ready.

I decided on wearing my casual black and white dress with a denim jacket and some black heels while Layla wore her cropped black top, high waited jean shirts and some black and silver heels.

-
|at the restaurant|
We decided to meet the boys at the restaurant so Layla drove us.

We reach the pizza place and are immediately sat at a booth for four people. Of course we were here before them, they're always late.

Around 7:30, 20 minutes later the boys arrive looking real hot.

Effortlessly hot.

Ethan sits next to me and hugs me, squeezing me tight I can't help but feel butterflies appear in my stomach as he compliments me.

'You look beautiful Mad's'.

Ethan's POV:
I wasn't lying, she truly does look beautiful.. always.

I can't believe she hasn't got an actual boyfriend, I'm starting to feel bad of playing with her, she could have way better chances with other guys.. like Gabe from our school.

I know he likes her, the way he always looks at her in the hallway.

I get knocked out of my daydream as the waiter comes to take our order...

Madison's POV:
The night has just been filled with laughter, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

My three best friends, I love them so much.

I'm so lucky to always have them, no matter how cringe that may sound.

'I need to head to the ladies room' I say nudging Ethan to move.

He does so and I fix my dress and head the restroom.

For some reason I feel like I have eyes watching me, I don't know why but I get that sense allot.

I brush it off and head to go pee.

I get out washing my hands and fixing my curled hair to go back to my friends.

I open the brown door and walk out, suddenly getting stopped by an old face I haven't seen in almost a year.

'Fuck' I whisper.

The tall male was my ex- boyfriend, Lucas. Who I thought I left in Australia when I left.

'Madison, I didn't know you were back in New Jersey?' He said smirking. Ew pls stop.

'Ugh yeah, I came home a few months ago' I say awkwardly.

Their was an awkward pause and I wanted to get out of his sight as soon as possible.

'Why are you here? I thought you said you were staying in Aussie for like ... forever' I say.

'Well see babes, there's obviously some hotties in Jersey you see.' He says tugging on my jacket. I smack is hand off.

'Get the fuck away from me, you disgust me Lucas' I say trying to walk away.

'That's not the only reason I'm here Mad's' he explains and I then back around motioning him to say more.

'My family got a new business over here. So I'm guessing you'll be seeing more of me gorgeous' can he leave now ugh.

'I highly doubt that, I'll be as far away from you as I can be, bye' I say before speed walking back to Ethan, Layla and Gray with fear written all over my face...
....................................................................
Cliffhanger I guess, hopefully this chapter is a good one, ily x