The Next Day

Reba woke up when she felt Ronnie leave the room, she heard the front door close so she got up and took her phone and walked into the bathroom. Reba locked the bathroom door and looked in the mirror all that was visible on her neck , were the purple bluish outlines of where Ronnie had put his hands around her throat the night before. It was hard for Reba to accept that of all people in the world he was the one to lay his hands on her she had never been in this kind of relationship, she had never felt scared or afraid of anyone she felt like there was nothing she could do but to do as he said." Hello, Reba are you there" Reba was silent as her sister Tracy was on the other end of the phone "I'm okay" there was a break in her voice " Reba is everything okay", Reba didn't know how to tell her sister Tracy what had happened the night before all she could do is replay what had happened in her mind, but nothing would come out of her mouth it was if she was frozen." Reba" Tracy waited to see if Reba was still on the other line " Tracy, can I ask a favor" Reba was touching her neck where the bruises were, "sure anything you know you can". Reba's voice started to crack and she took a deep breath " can you and Tia come stay with me for a while" Tracy tried to think in her head what could be wrong with Reba that she wanted her to stay with her, Reba loved her sister and niece but with how busy she was it was unusual for them to be traveling to see her normally Reba came to Missouri to see them. " Sure Reba what's going on, did something bad happen" Reba tried to breath calmly " everything is fine I just miss you and Tia, it gets lonely well Ronnie is working here and there in different Bars since he's been taken off his record label for the abuse scandal with his ex wife. " Reba I'll come down as soon as I can Tia's just writing her last exam today and then we will be on our way, I'll let you know when we board our plane and when we land" Reba smiled she always felt happy with her sister and niece coming to see her. " Thank you can't wait to see you two" , " I'll see you soon sis talk to you later Reba".