chapter 3

Here we go to the next chapter

***********

Gaara’s POV
I blinked my eyes open and looked over to the cave entrance. The rain had cleared. I looked over at the now dead fire and our dry clothes. I had actually slept. I got up and slipped on my now dry shirt, before walking over to the cave entrance. It was still dark out but the rain had stopped, so I may not have slept that long. But I did sleep, and I did it without Shukaku taking control and going on a killing spree. Maybe this means that she has decided that she won’t kill Naruto. I need to ask her. I let my mind wander to where Shukaku preferred to sleep. It was still in my mind, but she seemed to believe that this spot had the least amount of my presence in it. It still makes no sense to me.
I was just about to ask her when she said, “No, go away you filthy human.”
“I’m a Jinchuriki, you are a jinchuriki.” I reminded her.
“Even worse.” She said with a growl, not even bothering to open her eyes.
I sighed. She really is quite a pain to have as my tailed beast.
“Shukaku, answer me. Have you decided to keep the promise to help me keep Naruto safe?” I asked her.
She opened an eye and looked at me, and when she saw how serious I was, she burst out in a roaring laugh.
“The fact that you think that he needs my protection! Ha! I will so have to tell Kurama!” She continued laughing until I cleared my throat loudly. She snorted. “Listen up human. You are lucky enough to be my Jinchuriki, and that kid has the unfortunate luck to be Kurama’s Jinchuriki. His life is going to be short, but trust me, he by no means needs my protection. Besides even if I wanted to kill that kid, I wouldn’t be able to, Kurama is stronger than I am, so there would be no point really.” She yawned loudly.
“Naruto is a Jinchuriki?” I asked Shukaku. She merely rolled her eyes. ‘Kurama.’ I thought. ‘Which one is that?’
“Kurama is the Kyuubi’s name. Idiot. Just like my name is Shukaku, despite you all calling me Ichibi.” With that she grunted and rolled over and went back to sleep. I left the recesses of my mind and stared out the entrance of the cave. Naruto is the Kyuubi's Jinchuriki, then he understands everything i have been through. I look back at Naruto in wonder. How does he manage to keep such a large source of chakra in check? I wonder if he could teach me? He already knows I'm a Jinchuriki, I wonder if this is how he felt when he found out what I was? If that was why he seemed so intent on not killing me. Because i reminded him of himself. Naruto Uzumaki, you really are the number one most surprising ninja. I walked back to him and gently tried to shake him awake. We need to get on to finding those two missing nin. He didn't wake up. i shook him harder but still nothing. I stood up and took a step back. He is still alive. But he wont wake up. Worry slowly filled me. I called my sand to me and pick him up with it and dropped him back on the ground. He woke up then. Relief rushed in and swept away all of my worry.
"What was that for Gaara!" Naruto whined.
"You weren't waking up." I said. Naruto groaned before he got up and put his now dry shirt on. "We need to resume the mission." I turned headed out the cave.