Chapter 2

"Sasuke, I'm at point B"

"Sakura, I'm at point C"

"Moriko, I'm at point D."

. . . . .

"Naruto, I'm at point A.

    Naruto was late. "Your slow Naruto!" Kakashi groaned. "Target has moved! Follow it!" We ran and I spotted the cat and waited for the signal. "Okay, now!" I walked up to him and picked him up. "Got it." Everyone looked at me as the cat casually sat in my arms and purred as I pet it. "Can I see her?" I handed him the cat and it started freaking out and clawing him. "Can you confirm the ribbon on the ear?" Sasuke answered him as the cat started clawing Naruto's face. "Can't we get a better mission than this?!?! I hate cats!" Naruto screamed into the head set, no doubt destroying Kakashi's ear drum.

     We were in the Hokage's office and I could tell why the cat ran away as the owner squeezed the life out of it. Naruto laughed at it, probably cause it clawed out his eyes. "Now then, for squad seven we have several available tasks. Among them, baby sitting the chief councilors three year old, helping his wife to do the shopping, digging up potatoes i-" Naruto cut him off. "Noo! I wanna go on a real mission. Something challenging and exciting!" I agreed with Naruto but he should be more respectful. Iruka yelled at Naruto about being a genin. Naruto tried to retort but Kakashi hit him on the head, silencing him. "Naruto! It seems you do not understand the tasks you have been given. Listen, many different kinds of request come into our village everyday-" I started paying attention to Naruto, who was telling us a story. "Silence!" We turned towards the hokage and Naruto started complaining again. He pouted like a child and I was surprised when the hokage finally agreed. "So be it! Since you are so determined, I'm going to give you a C-ranked mission. You'll be body guards on a journey." Naruto brightened up. "Really? Yes! Who, who? Are we guarding a princess or some big wit councilors?" The hokage chuckled. "Don't be so impatient, I'll bring him in now. Send in our visitor!"  An old guy with a bottle of Sake walked in and I could tell he was drunk. "What the? A bunch of little snot nosed kids!?" He took a swig of his bottle. "And you, the little one with the idiotic look on his face. You really expect me to believe your a ninja?" Naruto laughed. "Who's the little one with the idiotic look on his face?" He looked at us three. Sasuke was the tallest, then Sakura and I were the same height, and finally Naruto. "I'll demolish you! Let me get my hands on him." I chuckled. I felt eyes on me and I looked to see Sasuke staring at me but when I caught him he quickly looked away. The guy took another swig of his sake. "I am Tazuna, a master bridge builder and I must return to my country. I'm building a bridge that will change our world and I expect you to get me there safely even if it means giving up your life." I nodded.

    We walked out of the village gates, Naruto cheering loudly. I smiled before pain erupted in my head. I didn't allow myself to fall but a tiny cry escaped my lips. I saw one, no two, figures approaching us. I felt a hand on my shoulder and when the vision ended, I looked to see Sasuke there. "Did it happen again?" I nodded and put my fingers to my temples. "What did you see?" He whispered it which I was actually happy he did. I didn't need Tazuna asking questions. "Two ninjas coming our way." I whispered back. "What was with that girls eyes? What was that?" Tazuna asked quickly. "It was nothing. now let's move!" Sasuke said casually, not looking away from me. I looked at Kakashi to see him looking at me knowingly but he didn't say anything. We continued walking, the pain in my head finally subsiding.

     While we were walking, Kakashi explained to us about the five nations. "Well anyway, there are no ninja battles in a C-ranked mission so you can relax." I looked at Sasuke and he looked at me as well. I wouldn't be so sure. I decided to tell Kakashi so I casually walked up next to him. "What did you see?" He said in a whisper. "Two ninja, coming this way." He nodded and we continued walking. After a while, I noticed a puddle. I narrowed my eyes. A puddle on a clear day? But it hasn't rained in a while. I looked at Kakashi who nodded at me. All of a sudden, Kakashi was in chains. He was ripped apart but I knew it wasn't him. The two ninja were behind Naruto and I quickly moved. "I don't think so!" I kicked one from the side, knocking him into the other. They quickly recovered and split up, one going after me, the other after Tazuna. "Sasuke, Tazuna!" He nodded and quickly moved into action. I braced myself and activated the Kaneme, pushing him back with a gust of wind which sent him into a tree. Sasuke had kicked the other one back and I took the time to kick him into the tree with the other one. I made the tree grab onto them both and released the Kaneme, my eyes turning back to normal. Kakashi appeared and Sakura and Naruto were surprised. "Took you long enough Kakashi!" I said with a smile. "Well I had to see something. Nice job Moriko, Sasuke, and you too Sakura! Sorry that I didn't show up earlier to help you Naruto, I didn't think you would freeze up like that." I looked at Naruto and noticed that he had gotten wounded. "How did you know about our ambush?" Kakashi looked at me for a second and then faced them. "I had a tip to help." The two ninja looked at me. "Your from the Hana clan, the only survivor. I heard that you were strong but to take us down so easily, you live up to your family name. We shouldn't have underestimated you." I was surprised by that, not expecting him to praise me. "Although, your clan deserved to die, always flaunting their po-" Before I even realized it, a branch from the tree was around the ninjas throat, cutting of his air. "Moriko!" Kakashi said. "For your information, we didn't flaunt our power. We simply were helping out our village and others out of respect and kindness so hold your tongue!" I was surprised by my own voice but I didn't like them speaking badly about my clan. I released the hold on his neck and felt the Kaneme release. I didn't even remember activating it. I looked at Naruto who was jumping around. "Naruto, don't move around so much, there is poison in their claws. You'll only spread it." He started to freak out and Kakashi sighed. "Tazuna we have to talk. Those ninja were after you. They are high level ninja so why? You asked for standard protection, not this. This would have been a B-ranked if not higher." Sakura but in. "This is way out of our league, we should go back." Kakashi nodded. "Besides, Naruto is hurt and we need to get him to the hospital." I looked at Naruto to see him shaking and before I could do anything, he stabbed his hand. He made a big speech which was actually nice other than the fact he was losing too much blood. "Um, Naruto, that was a nice speech and all but if you lose anymore blood, your going to die!" He was about to freak out before I walked up to him, grabbing his wrist with one hand and reaching into my weapon pouch with the other. I watched his hand heal before my eyes and I stared at it confused. "You have a real serious look on you face, is it bad?" I snapped back to reality and shook my head, pulling out some bandages. I opened up the bandages with my teeth before wrapping it around Naruto's hand. "There, all better." I gave him a reassuring smile before dropping his hand. "Thanks Mori-chan!" I froze, instantly thinking of Mai. I looked up at Naruto and realized something. He reminds me so much of Mai. I couldn't help the small smile as I thought of all of their similarities. He's definitely as hyper active as she was, he's as determined as she was, they both share their love for ramen, and they both can bring smiles to anyone's face. Naruto looked at me confused. "What's wrong?" I shook my head, still looking at him. "Nothing, nothing at all."