Chapter Six: Capture

"My, my, look what we have here~! A double date, hm?" I looked up to face the owner of the vivacious voice to find a shockingly familiar face. I couldn't help but let a little gasp escape when I realized who it was. It was the redhead from the nightmare I had. I recoiled my knees to my chest and clung to Alan in fear. That was only a dream, I didn't think that the redhead would be an actual person, let alone one that I would get the chance to meet. The redhead noticed me scoot closer to Alan and he - I believe it was a he - swooned. "Ah, young love, how beautiful!"

"Mister Sutcliff," Alan sighed, confirming my suspicion that the redhead was indeed male. He shook his head, showing that he was obviously displeased with Mister Sutcliff, "if you would please, refrain from talking about us like we're lovers. It's not like that-"

"Oh, there's no need to be shy about it, Alan, darling!" the redhead flipped a lock of his hair over his shoulder before sitting down in front of Alan, Eric, Remi and I. He flashed a sharp-toothed smile over at Eric and Remi, which made Remi cringe and move close to Eric, "And Eric dear, it seems that you and Miss Knox are rather close nowadays. Who knows, maybe you've finally found a girl you can keep! That must be so exciting!"

"Mister Sutcliff, please," Remi laughed, blushing, "Eric and I are just friends, it's nothing else. Really."

Eric rolled his eyes, glaring at the redhead. "What exactly makes you think you can just butt into anyone's personal life whenever you want, Mister Sutcliff?" Eric asked, trying to keep calm. He attempted to hide the irritation in his voice, but it couldn't be more obvious that he was becoming annoyed. He shook his head, wrapping an arm around Remi. "What are you doing here, anyway? Don't you have some work to do?"

"As far as I know, you've got some work you need to tend to as well, Eric. Don't worry, I won't let William know, as long as you won't, either. It can be our little secret," Mister Sutcliff replied with a smirk. He shook his head, hair swishing around his figure. He tilted his head upwards, his eyes lazily focused on the sky. His head shot back down and he leaped forward from his seat on the grass, closer to Alan and I. "So, Alan? When are you going to introduce me to your lovely little lady friend, hm?"

"It's not like that!" Alan repeated, his face flushing with red and a glare forming on his face. He glanced down at me, our eyes connecting for a moment. I shrugged, unsure of how to respond. Alan sighed and looked back to Mister Sutcliff. "She's not my lover. She's... she's my daughter," he smiled.

"Daughter?" Mister Sutcliff questioned, his eyes darting back and forth between Alan and I. His expression was troubled, showing his confusion and concern as he tried to find a resemblance. He nodded, although he still seemed suspicious about Alan's 'daughter'. "I didn't know you had a woman who could-"

"You shouldn't talk that way around children, Mister Sutcliff," Eric lashed out, throwing his body forward and covering the redhead's mouth with both hands before he could say any more. I stared at the two with wide eyes, it must have been extremely vulgar if Eric had to act out like that to prevent me from hearing. Mister Sutcliff rolled his eyes and scoffed, removing Eric's hands and pushing the blonde away from him.

Alan sighed, looking down at his lap and mumbling words I couldn't decipher. He shot his head back up, his eyes traveling from me to Mister Sutcliff and back. "I don't think you two have been properly introduced."

Next to me, Eric scoffed softly. "I'm not sure they need to," he muttered bitterly.

Alan looked over to Eric, giving him a warning look. Apparently, his voice was still loud enough for Alan to overhear the snide remark. "Anyway," Alan started, brushing away Eric's comment, "Mister Sutcliff, this is my adopted daughter, Brielle. Bri, this is Grell Sutcliff, one of Eric and I's superiors."