Chapter 4

I knew I would find something very important in that room. There was a reason why I was sent to the attic.
Sent by whom, I don't know.
I tried to understand all that was written on the walls.
The graffiti, the words which I couldn't decipher.

I tried to open the iron trunks. They were jammed.
But I knew I couldn't give up.
I continued my attempts to open the trunk. In a while my hands started bleeding but I didn't stop.

After some ten minutes of my efforts, one of them was unlocked.
I eagerly went through the stuff inside.
Lockets, rings, pieces of burnt paper, knives of all sizes, strands of hair, and what not!

I was definitely not expecting this stuff.
I didn't expect a corpse or skeleton either but I thought I might find clues and this stuff was definitely not providing me the same.

I felt scared to touch those things because one thing was for sure that they were related to witchcraft.
No I am not an expert but there was blood on the knives, some sort of spells on the pieces of paper. Though they were burnt but a portion of them ,untouched by the flames, read those scripts which appeared like spells.

The lockets and rings seemed like no ordinary jewellery.
They were huge in size and hideous in appearance.

"They are beautiful, aren't they?"

I jumped at the sound.
Whose voice was it?
I couldn't even recognise it, despite the fact that in the past few days I had had a conversation with practically every ghost in the other realm.

Fine. I won't exaggerate but I actually communicated with a lot of them.

"Who are you?" I asked staring into the open space.

"Peek-a-boo"

Was I supposed to be scared or laugh at it?

"Who is it?" I asked again.

"I won't tell you"

I rolled my eyes.
"What do you want?"

"I want you and your family dead"

**************************
Hey guys!
Sorry for the late and short updates..just dealing with a lot of stuff.
Anyway please do vote.
I really need your votes to keep myself motivated to write more.
All the voters will be separately mentioned in each author's note and I'll post on their profiles as well.
Happy reading❤