Chapter 59 Lawrence

I was in a meeting with Jack talking about an overdue trip that was needed. This trip was a business trip for the pack and had nothing to do with myself and the Pride but Jack asked me if he thought it was a good idea to get Sam away for a week or two. I had to agree. There was no wolves, lions or any shifters usually in the big city so it should be safe enough, In Toronto the only creature that we knew of was the vampires. Sam should be safe enough.

We laughed at that one than had second thoughts but it came down to getting her away from here for awhile. Now the big decisions was who to take with us. We needed strong people with us but not to leave our homes and women unprotected. It was easier for me then for Jack. Since I mated with Sam there had been more mixed feeling coming from the wolves. A couple I would like to talk to personally because I knew the tension was hurting my Sam.

In the middle of our plans Jack's cell phone went off then immediately after mine did. We looked at each other and already knew. Sam. I felt down my mating bond and didn't feel anything drastic. She felt a bit nervous but nothing out of the norm.

"Everything ok?" I asked as my greeting.

"Not sure. Sam just got a package but none of us knows who sent it. By any chance you know a Jonah?" Luke, one of my lions asked.

That was a difficult question to answer. I knew a lot of people but Jonah didn't ring any bells. Not one who would send Sam a parcel.

I heard her ask Joseph if he knew a Jonah than less than a minute I heard him scream not to open it. Right after that I heard Sam's terror filled scream. I was already out the door with Jack on my heels. Jumping in my car Jack jumped in the passenger side. That was when I heard her scream again and someone yelled, Fuck.

By the time we got home the front door was open and there was a dozen or so of my lions and the wolves hovering in the foyer. Busting my way in everyone moved to the side. "Where is she?" I demanded. Someone said kitchen and I took a step in that direction. It was then I saw what everyone else was staring at. A human head laid in the middle of the floor.

"Go. I got this," Jack said. He didn't have to ask me twice.

Running into the kitchen I saw Sam sitting at the table with her hands clasped together staring out the french doors. I don't think she even heard, never mind sensed me come in. "Sweetheart?" Still nothing. "Sam? Hon are you ok?" I was right beside her and still she showed no response. "Sam!" I raised my voice as I touched her shoulder. It was the touch that made her jump. Her skin was cold to the touch. The total opposite for us. We ran hot.

"Why did he send me Elijah's head?" She asked me and I had no answer.

"Come on Sweetheart," I picked her up and headed towards the living room. That way she would not have to see anything. She snuggled close to my neck, burying her head with her arms tight around my neck. Once I hit the foyer I took the steps two at a time so there was less chance of her lifting her head up in time to see anything.

I laid her down on the bed, covered her up then started the bath. Her body temp concerned me. She had a bad habit of blocking things out so much that it caused her physical damage. The tub water on and I went back to our room where Sam laid there unmoving.

"Babe, I'm ok. I just don't understand why he sent me a head." Sam said staring off into nothing.

"You are not ok. You are blocking us too hard and your body is cold. Come on Sam just let your guard down a bit. Let me in," I asked even though I wanted to demand her to do it. I learned a while ago asking went a lot farther than demanding did with her.

"Only if you share that tub with me," she retorted with a small hint of a smile.

"You just want to get me naked," I teased, slowly seeing the light come back in her eyes. I could start to feel her in my head.

She sat up and hugged me hard. "If I had my way you would always be naked with my legs wrapped around your waist." With that I had to laugh. She was back. The shock was wearing off.

"I wasn't really in shock. I was thinking about the why's. I really don't know who the fuck this Jonah is and why he sent me Elijah's fucking head. It is you, your touch, your presences that helps me deal with this crap." she said.

Did she read my mind? If she only knew just how strong she really was. Was I such a horrible person that I wanted to take her right now?

"If you are a horrible person then so am I," she answered my unspoken question while nibbling on my neck.

"Samantha?" I pulled back to look at her. Did she know? But how? "Sam you are reading my mind. I am not talking to you through our minds."

She looked as shocked as I did. "But how? You must have been thinking it but sending it to me. The water." she said.

Maybe she was right. Getting up I checked on the water. Adding a little bubble bath and grabbing a towel before I went to go get Sam. She was already there and naked. I took a step towards her thinking the bathtub was still virgin territory when someone knocked on the door. Telling my lion, who was waiting patiently on the other side of the door, I would be right there I helped Sam in the tub. Leaving her with a simple small kiss before heading downstairs. I hoped this wouldn't take to long so I could join her in that warm bath with her naked and waiting body.

The foyer was clear of shifters and heads, I knew where they were. Heading to the dining room they all awaited me. The head was gone. "Did you find anything? She is fine," I answered the unasked question.

"There was a note, here," Jack passed it over to me.

Dear Samantha,

No one has the right to treat you the way you were treated. I am sorry you had to go through all that you did. I am happy to hear you took care of the first one. This is my gift to you since I was unable to help before.

You are safe,

J

"What do you think?" I asked Jack but it was Joseph who responded.

"I think he knows what she is and may have an interest in her. At the very least feels a kinship. He did not mean this a threat or to scare her. In his eyes it is a gift. An apology. He knew that pack and the members. I think he knew I was with them and that may be the reason he showed up, but I am not sure. What I am pretty sure of is that he will be back. He can't resist not knowing who she is." Joseph sounded more defeated then scared.

"When?" Jack asked, "When do you think he will be back? Is Sam in danger or my pack and the pride?"

Joseph shook his head. "Most likely sooner than later. I don't know about the rest but his main focus will be her."

I looked at Jack and he at me. It's time to get those plans in place. I told him through my mind. He gave a brief nod. For some reason Jack and I were the only wolf and lion who could speak to each other like this. As far as we knew anyways.