So free

Liam's POV

It had been a long drive to the Hemsworth pack and the longer we drove, the un-easier I felt. I kind of just wanted to rip through all these monsters, assault them for hurting Hayley. But I knew I couldn't. It wouldn't make things better and it would actually just cause a full-fledged war. Which would then actually risk Hayley and Audrey's lives.

Sighing, I finally saw the peaks of their alpha house. It was massive, pretentious and in typical Hemsworth fashion. Cody had been sitting beside me thought he'd been silent the whole way. Our alpha wasn't a big talker and well, I think he was still pissed off over Hayley's outburst this morning. I tried not to smirk at the memory.

She had actually stood up to her alpha, poking him pretty hard in the chest and commanding that if anything happened to me, "she'd ensure Cody would turn into a girl because she'll kick him so hard". It was a very subtle way of her telling me she was actually my mate. She didn't even give him the chance to response before she stomped towards me, taking Hail drop from my arms and giving me a subtle glare.

She's begun to fall into the hands of the mate bond pretty hard. Even though she still tried to fight it, it was undeniably there.

The car drove over the gravel before stopping right in the front, us three getting out. Timothy had come with, Cody's personal guard and had driven. At the front door, one of their guards greeted us, escorting us into the overly grand house. Gold figures glistened everywhere, all of them with yellow stone placed where eyes should be. Somehow I found the whole arrangement overly tacky.

We headed up the stairs, the guard stopping at a door and knocking.

"Enter" his voice was throaty and I couldn't help but smirk as I watched our alpha roll his eyes. We went into the room, the alpha immediately standing up from his seat. He's already started aging, his son past thirty a long time ago. That's the age when the alpha usually handed off his position and allowed the aging process to restart, in accordance to the law. Alpha Elkins clearly ignored those laws and just stayed alpha even if he's son had been thirty for almost ten years now.

"Alpha" he nodded, holding out his hand. Cody shook it, his teeth gritting together, "In what is this meeting in accordance to?"

Cody folded his arms, his eyes locked onto the man's, "Your pack keeps attacking ours" he said simply thought his words held malice by the gallons.

The alpha's eyebrows furrowed, he easing into his seat.

"Well, I don't like these types of accusations" he grumbled, me gaping at him. I wanted to speak out but Cody shot me a glare.

"I have evidence that will show the accusations are accurate. Call off your warriors or I won't hesitate to start a war. And I am sure to win" my alpha growled, glaring at the man.

For a moment I saw fear flicker into his eyes but it was quick to form into anger.

"I have never heard of my warriors attacking any other pack. No matter your supposed evidence, it isn't my pack"

"You're a worse liar than my mate" I grumbled, only realising a moment after I had spoken out of turn.

"Show some respect" the man spat but Cody just shook his head, "He shall show you respect the day your pack apologises for attacking his mate. Now, I suggest you speak to your warriors and if I even catch a whiff of harm befalling Ravenswood, I will ensure that no one will even remember Hemsworth" His hands were in fists, body rippling with anger. It even made Alpha Elkins gulp, his furrowing his brows once more.

"It's settled then" he said, nodding and standing back up, "Thank you for the meeting" he said, holding out his hand to shake Cody's. But in typical Cody-fashion he simply turned around, "Pleasure having done business with you" he said, not even looking back before leaving the office. I just gave the man a quick nod before following my leader.

We were already in the car when he finally spoke up, "Taylor, although I let today slide – if you speak out of turn one more time, I will be forced to punish you. And I suggest you speak to your mate about her respecting her superior." He spoke, me simply nodding and apologising. This was going to be one awkward car ride.

XXX

Hayley's POV

I've been stuck with a headache and an uncomfortable annoying feeling in my heart all day. And I got the feeling that, that stupid mating bond had finally reached its peak and I was now MISSING the asshole.

Did I want to miss Liam?

Definitely not. But I did. I missed him and it completely sucked. Audrey let out a gurgle, drawing my attention back to her. She currently had ears, them resembling mine. Annoying shifting-process. Liam had told me that I'd only be able to shift until the next full moon but that's as far as the myths went with us being connected to the moon. So that meant I was stuck with random wolf features popping out every few hours if not minutes. At least I was sharing the burden with someone. It sucked that it was my daughter but o well.

"You sleepy Hail drop?" I smiled, trying to reach for my ears. Her eyes started to flutter, the cuteness overflowing. I shushed her, rocking her up and down while humming a slow calming tune. A soft knock sounded at the door and when I looked up I saw Lacy leaning against the door. A calming smile was on her face, "She okay?" she whispered, me just nodding.

"Kira is on her way with coffee" she smirked, me sighing a thank you. I slowly placed Audrey in the crib, a moment later taking the mug from my friend who had just appeared.

"Thanks" I mumbled, taking a big gulp.

"You okay hun?" she smiled lightly, her motherly instinct already kicking in.

"You guys are going to call me crazy but... o it's nothing"

"Hailstorm, what is it?" Lacy said, lifting her eyebrows.

"I miss Liam" I mumbled, the words coming out incoherent.

"What?"

"I missed the idiot who got me impregnated" I grumbled, "It's this stupid mating bond. I hate it"

"Why do you hate it so much Hailstorm?"

"I don't know, he's just... he's Liam. He's annoying and big headed, he makes decisions for me, not to mention he kidnapped us. Who does that even? Kidnaps his supposed mate and her friends?" I groaned, my nose twitching the entire time. Kira and Lacy both gave me light smiles, Lacy biting her lip.

"Hun, you're lying through that entire statement"

"I hate that too" I sighed, "I just... is it actually real? Liam and I? It doesn't make any sense. We fight more than anything else, we're polar opposites from each other. Heck, the reason we have a baby is because we got trashed. We MET each other while plastered" I rambled, combing my hands through my hair.

"Yet you guys still sought after each other that night. You found each other in a public restroom. And again in the woods. Isn't that something to go for?" Lacy said, counting the instances on her fingers.

I just shook my head, "I don't know what's going to happen if I give in. I want to give in thought, so badly." I cringed, "I mean, besides being a pain in the ass, he's also sweet and... and I don't know guys! This makes so little sense to me"

"And what?" his voice made my eyes widen and when I turned around, my gaze fell upon the person I did not want to see at that moment.

o Alpha Es