Date Night

I knock on her door at 7:40, fully clothed no thanks to her.
The door opens immediately.

"You're late." She stated, walking out in a jacket and jeans. Sweet tight jeans.

"Got caught in the middle of a robbery. Took longer than I thought." I lied.

I actually fell asleep and lost track of time. But the lie seemed believable. More believable than anything I'd make up. Thanks Robin.

"Complement her appearance." He said through the earpiece. "But do it without sounding like a dickhead."

"You look nice." I said. "Outfit goes well."

She walks past me. "Relax Wally. This isn't a date."

"Like hell it isn't." I walk with her. "You'll see by the end of the night."

"Oh god, what have you got planned."

"Nothing. Just bowling and food."

"I can't believe you're actually taking her bowling." Robin almost scoffs. I ignore him.

"By the way." I grab her shoulder to stop her walking. "We're going bowling in Metropolis."

"But we're in Gotham." She said, already suspecting whats going to happen.

"That's right, so jump on board and I'll start running."

"Smooth"

Artemis sighs heavily. "Just don't trip over while we're going."

"You insult me." I say, acting hurt.

"Yeah. I do. Now lets go."

I scoop her up. Her hands slide around my neck. And I run. We go for several minutes before finally reaching the famous Metropolis Bowling Alley.

Thats its actual name. The Famous Metropolis Bowling Alley.
But it certainly deserves the name. The place is also a restaurant. And a pretty damn good one, or at least as good as you can get at a bowling alley. There's also tonnes of those other games that spit out those ticket things. So its got anything a person like me could ever need. Entertainment and food.

"Ask her if she's wants some food."

"Have you eaten?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Are you hungry?"

"Mmmhmm, maybe."

"Great! Cause I'm starving." I take her hand and drag her towards the restaurant.

We line up and look at the menu overhead as we wait.

"You are going to pay for her right?"

"Of course I'm going to pay." I say silently to Rob so Artemis doesn't hear.

"I just had to make sure. It's hard to tell with you."

I turn to Artemis. "Order whatever you like. Cause I know I certainly will."

Artemis scrunches her face a little. "There's barely any healthy options. The salads all look terrible."

"Then eat something unhealthy for once."

"Oh, sorry Mr Metabolism. I'm on a strict diet. I can't eat whatever the hell I want."

"Just get a burger. You won't loose your abs after one burger."

"You said that about the KitKats yet you went off your head at me because I ate one."