Twelve 💕

I don't think my stamina was made for this.

------
"Wait, what happened again?" Lauren asked. For the first time since we had rekindled our friendship, she wasn't in any way hogging my duvet, let alone my bed. Today she was on the couch, stretching her legs as far as possible.

I sighed as I repeated the story for the fifth time to her. When something was improbable, Lauren had a habit of asking to hear it over and over again endlessly to make sure she didn't have 'hearing problems'.

"So you're telling me, he kissed you, on a bouncy house, then ran away."

"Yeah," I confirmed sourly. "That's right."

"And you're saying you felt sparks, and it felt real."

I nod once more. "There were sparks, and he made it seem as real as possible,"

"From what it sounds like, and everything that has happened, Jake might be rushing everything," Lauren says. "But running away, that's not normal.."

"I don't know what to do!" I exclaim. "Can I just take a break from my life. Like on a TV commercial, they just break the tension of the movie."

"Wish It were that way, Cals."

"So, what do I do."

"Okay, let's start with the worse possible scenario. He's speeding to phase three, I've already taught you the tactic, just wait and see the way he acts if he's moving on, then he's playing you."

I nod.

"Anything that goes better is something you should be able to handle."

"I've got to make it up to you somehow," I say slowly.

"What?"

"I mean that you're out here helping me so much, I owe you a big one."

She smiles, "I'll call in a favor when I need it, how about that?"

"That sounds good."

"Great, bye!"

I wave to her as she leaves my house.

I still don't think I'm head over heels for Jake. In fact, I don't think I'm in love with him yet. Yet. and that was the problem, and as much as I still seethed his player ways, knowing him, It was very much possible.

------

Jake was waiting for me by my locker, a habit he seems to have acquired. Although, as soon as he sees me, he chickens out and runs away. I just stare blankly at my hollow locker.

He's there for all his classes, and for all the times he usually annoys me, today he just watches from the sidelines, and if I approach him, he just leaves.

Is this boy feeling actual emotions?

Right after school, I see Jake but not at are usual annoy each other spot, instead, he is once again, at another corner. I wait until he isn't looking at me anymore to rush up at him to grab his wrist. Reflectively, his head snaps in my direction.

He and I both know that he is strong enough to free himself from my grip, but fortunately, his shoulders slump and he doesn't make an effort to get away.

"Why are you ignoring me."

"Trust me, I'm not. I'm just afraid that things will go awkwardly." He states, embarrassed.

"Why would it be?" I ask.

"I don't know!" He exclaims. "I've just never kissed a girl and then ran away, and now I feel awkward."

"Well, it doesn't have to be." I offer, he stares at me like I was crazy. "We can start again?"

Then he laughs, "Would you actually want to restart back to me sitting on your porch, why don't we just keep it." His is wrist is still trapped in my grip, "Honestly, I liked it."

Both our laughter echo as Jake walks with me towards my house. From the corner of my eye, I see Lauren giving me a questioning look asking me what happened, making sure that Jake hadn't noticed, I sent a signal with my eyes telling her that we'll talk tonight, and she gives me a small nod before motioning us to have fun.

On the way home, we pass by an ice cream shop, and with my very unconvincing green eyes, I beg to stop for some, and Jake rolls his eyes and shrugs.

Using four dollars, I buy a cone of Vanilla ice cream, and as I head out, Jake accompanies once more, and we continue on our path.

"Can I have some?" Jake smiles.

"No."

"Please." He tries giving me puppy eyes.

"No." I stay firm.

"Please."

Finally, I give up and reach out my hand for him to grab a taste, and he gives his winning smile and leans down to get a taste, but instead, in one swift motion, I hit him with it, and his whole nose gets coated with ice cream, my laugh starts with giggles, then grows to a chuckle, and finally, it turns into a full-on laughter.

He gives me a very pissed look. "Why do you always wish to start war."

He grabs the cone from my fingers and smears it on my face, but my reflexes are too fast and I send the cone flying back towards him and it sprays him with more cream as he catches the cone from falling towards the floor, a mischievous look growing on his face.

Soon, both our faces are coated with it and as usual, we're sort of half screaming at each other and half punching, and just to help the situation, we mirror each other's movement, meaning that if he hits me, I'll hit him back and If I pinch him, he'll do the same, so basically we're having a fight while screaming and laughing.

I don't think my stamina was made for this.