Twenty - Seven 💕

Will you keep it or end it?

------

Jake took me to an elegant downtown cafe for lunch. The place, more commonly known as, Le Coucher du Soleil, an upscale Parisian-themed bistro.

Like Jake's house, its' exterior was filled with ornate carvings and modern tile art. Inside, there was a flourishing vertical garden which gave the luminous room a fresh scent. When you looked upwards, there was a thin wooden plank coiled around to form loops smoothly with the light coming out from its' side beaming in every direction. It also had a furnishing that made it look polished. The tables were placed in sync and set in a particular pattern so that it would add to the aesthetic and visual appeal.

There was only a small amount of chatter that traveled throughout the restaurant, mostly through the ripple of murmurs. As one of the more plush places in town, it was almost certainly high in demand and booked all the time.

So this was what Jake meant when he said 'wear something nice'

Thankfully, Taylor took no time to rush to my aid after I called her in for a fashion emergency. My sister was reliable when it came to advising on phrases with words like 'wear something nice'.

I had eventually decided on an ebony-colored line skirt which had a fitted waist and a semi-flowy bottom. I think it was more on the casual side as I felt that it was very functional and that I could wear it anywhere, however, I had decided to pair it with a long-sleeved gray tank top that had a semicircular cut at the bottom so it revealed a bit of my stomach and a black mesh choker. The top I chose didn't exactly have a u-neck design, instead, it was more of a fitted band slightly above my shoulder.

I wore my hair in the form of a half ponytail the ends of my wavy hair as is. I also made sure to dab on some light makeup to make my natural morning creases more appealing.

A waitress near the front took note of us and made her way over asking for our reservation number, she swoons almost instantly after Jake gives her the details and flashes her a smile. She leads us over to a secluded small table near the back of the room, after noticing that there were quite a few tables that were slightly hidden just like ours, I realized that most people that came here enjoyed privacy.

"So," I started, quietly.

The atmosphere made me a bit nervous, I wasn't normally used to coming to a place like this for a regular occasion. My fingertips bounced lightly to a regular beat but my wrists remained still on my lap. Jake was smiling directly at me which made me turn away from embarrassment, I felt slightly self-conscious like there was something stuck on my face that I didn't know about, but when I turned away, his smile only grew.

I had a very peculiar fidgeting technique. It was as if my fingers took on the role of a dancer in a steady routine. The dancers would leap one after another in the air, like a wave, sometimes, they would fall out of beat, or pause for a moment, then they would continue the cycle over again.

"So," He laughs. "Okay fine. I'll come up with the icebreaker."

"You don't even need to," I exclaimed through my polite giggle. "One sentence like that and we're already arguing."

"And I would put the blame on the provoker."

I stare at him. "Are you pertaining to me?"

"Maybe." He tries to suppress his smile but fails miserably.

"Then, so be it." I daintily unfold the napkin and place it on my lap before facing him.

If he wanted to play at this game, I was so ready. This game that we had was quite interesting, honestly. We had an untold rule to see who was the fastest at pissing the other person off. I'm not going to lie, Jake was usually the one to win, but not this time.

He looks at me strangely as if to ask how I am lasting this long in the game. "Are you really going to let me accuse you of being provocative?"

"Oh no, I just know in my mind who the real provocative person is."

"What?" He was slowly starting to crack obviously being unfamiliar to this new tactic of mine. "Well, it isn't me."

"If you say so." I smile teasingly.

"What are you implying, Callie?"

"Oh, nothing." I can feel his tension growing. "Nothing at all," I say the last part slowly to help the emphasis.

"Fine, fine," He groans. "You win."

After finishing our lunch, we decide to jog over to the mostly abandoned park nearby. There was really nothing wrong with the park, no deficiency, and relatively refurbished, it was just that kids nowadays were more hooked on their devices.

We decided to play a bit on the swings, him standing on it, me sitting down and we just spent the whole Sunday afternoon kind of throwing back witty comments at each other. But here was the thing, we were having fun, or at least I was. He was smiling, I was smiling, and we were laughing together

Would this end in three days?

The choice is yours, Jake.

Will you keep it or end it?